Modified 24g NC in the making

jervismun

bro can u pm mi where u got ur Solite 150W MH . the price and location and the bulb that come with it . 10000k ??

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bro can u pm mi where u got ur Solite 150W MH . the price and location and the bulb that come with it . 10000k ??

I'll just post here for the benefit of other reefers.

I bought the Solite HQI 150W w/ 14000ºK from Reborn for $320.00 (after negotiation). Saw it at MarineLife (Henry) just now for only $299.00 (list price, have not negotiate - dunno if it comes with 14k or 10k).

Reborn do not stock, so must pay first then collect the next day. I guess the same for MarineLife too as that store is so small, don't think they can keep stock (not to mention the high cost).

So you guys decide for yourself la, at least you have 2 choices now :P

Hammy, I heard 14000ºK is better if it is your primary lighting. Reborn offers to upgrade to 20000ºK for $20.00 more.

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

I'll just post here for the benefit of other reefers.

I bought the Solite HQI 150W w/ 14000ºK from Reborn for $320.00 (after negotiation). Saw it at MarineLife (Henry) just now for only $299.00 (list price, have not negotiate - dunno if it comes with 14k or 10k).

Reborn do not stock, so must pay first then collect the next day. I guess the same for MarineLife too as that store is so small, don't think they can keep stock (not to mention the high cost).

So you guys decide for yourself la, at least you have 2 choices now :P

Hammy, I heard 14000ºK is better if it is your primary lighting. Reborn offers to upgrade to 20000ºK for $20.00 more.

thanks man . :D

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

New stuff from MarineLife... now in the climatization tank. Will post an update with details once the process is over.

post-69-1141647794.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

I can't seem to find its ID in books and liveaquaria.com! Can someone help ID it? I bought 3 of these.

post-69-1141653213.jpg

My 3 Tenors... hehe very hard to catch them in action :paiseh:

post-69-1141655892.jpg

A all-in-one pix showing the LS I purchased today (from left to right):

Green Chromis, Spiny Astrea Snail & Mushrooms. Can someone help ID the shrooms pls :)

post-69-1141658649.jpg

Thanks for your suggestion Tigger, I will look around first before deciding on the Denitrator. My NO3 is currently low, so I will definitely need one when the NO3 gets out of hand. Hopefully my Tunze DOC Skimmer will do a heck of a job to help me remove all wastes/organics so nothing much will convert to NO3. I am actually eyeing on the Aquamedic Nitrareactor 400.

Your piece of LR looks funny.... :lol: Btw, what kind of snails are they?

That piece of funny looking rock is a frag with some shrooms on it. Just a small piece, suitable for my tiny tank :P

Did a 15% water change. See the filter container... it's so well designed... not a single dirt goes back into the water. Everything is smartly trapped within the plastic container... love the ReefPack 500 and it removes more wastes than I expected (I thought my tank very clean all along... lol)

post-69-1141664247.jpg

My snails are doing a great job... see how clean my LRs are... :D

post-69-1141814998.jpg

My snails are doing a great job... see how clean my LRs are... :D

they are super effective , notice the trail of poo they left behind haha.

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

they are super effective , notice the trail of poo they left behind haha.

Yes, luckily my current is pretty strong, so poos-away in no time at all, lol. I added some new addition today, went to AM (first time, hehe). Will update slowly... but here's Turtleweed! It's so beautiful coz I put it near my wavemaker... the movement is so mesmerizing. :angel:

post-69-1141818649.jpg

I bought 2 betta breeding cases and squeeze my Cheatomorpha into them. I place them on the left side of my tank, getting sufficient amount of lighting above. This is definitely more manageable in the long run.

post-69-1141819859.jpg

manageable but takes up precious tank space again...

why not continue to put them in the back chambers?

1. put liverock rubble n chaeto into chamber 2.

2. get a small underwater lamp and put it in. those halogen lamps for small ponds work well. put on reverse light cycle using timer.

3. get a small dark acrylic to cover the chaeto chamber to shield off light from mh.

pt 3 only required if u intend to put on reverse light cycle.

manageable but takes up precious tank space again...

why not continue to put them in the back chambers?

1. put liverock rubble n chaeto into chamber 2.

2. get a small underwater lamp and put it in. those halogen lamps for small ponds work well. put on reverse light cycle using timer.

3. get a small dark acrylic to cover the chaeto chamber to shield off light from mh.

pt 3 only required if u intend to put on reverse light cycle.

Thanks for your suggestions. Since I am not too concern about heat emission by the halogen lamp right now... I'll look for those submersible halogen lamp this weekend. Yeah, taking quite a lot of space and reverse light cycle is a good idea.

Anyone seen these kinda lighting before? I will ask some LFS and try Home-Fix.

Thanks guys, I will go get it this weekend. Those betta boxes are blocking my surface water flow.

Frontal view of my tank... any comments? I've been adding quite a bit of LS for the past couple of days... it's time I slow down a little as I can see that my equipments are already working much harder than before (especially the protein skimmer).

post-69-1142044678.jpg

• SRC Member

nice! bro.

that dark red thingy on the LR at lower right third is it coraline?.

I hv got coraline starting to grow on my LRs in the pico and seems like also on the tank walls. Is it common for it to grow on walls. The color is purple-pink.

btw, how is yr Tunze nano skimmer? is it good. Thinking of getting one too.

nice! bro.

that dark red thingy on the LR at lower right third is it coraline?.

I hv got coraline starting to grow on my LRs in the pico and seems like also on the tank walls. Is it common for it to grow on walls. The color is purple-pink.

btw, how is yr Tunze nano skimmer? is it good. Thinking of getting one too.

Yes, those are coralline. I inherited them from its previous owner (I bought the LR from a fellow reefer). I am not using the Nano Skimmer but a larger model... I know, it's crazy! You can learn more about the ReefPack 500 at my link below (signature link). Enjoy. So far, I am happy with Tunze's product.

Oh yes, they do grow on glass wall.

hahaha.. how i wish the things on my walls are not turbo snaill slime but coralline...

Ewwww! How does Turbo Snail slime looks like? As for me, I am having a bit of a algae outbreak on the side glass panel. Luckily, my Spiny Aestra Snails (2 in the pix) are working 24/7.

post-69-1142084025.jpg