LRS

A reefer is selling his stuffs 1 kg figi rocks for $8. But the things is he removes the LRs from the tank on last SATURDAY i went to see yesterday on the rocks they were on a pail without water since saturday it s nearly 4 days. Is it safe to buy t rocks????

Is the rocks still be alive?????

Liverpullians

• SRC Member

Hrmz, kinda hard to answer this but i guess some stuff should still be alove in the LRs. Any Beneficial bacteria would proberbly have died off though after 4 days out of the water. That isnt really a big problem, if you like the shape of the Lrs and the general appearance, eg, presence of coralline algae, you can still get them. Beneficial bacteria will multiply again during your ANN cycle. Afterall, some reefers practically "kill" their rocks before they use it for their tank. :lol: Btw, $8 a kg? Whats the market rate for figi rocks outside? :)

My Newbie Tank Thread

My Blog

All pics taken with CanoN!~

• SRC Member

Figi rocks goes at 16/kg. You can still use them rock but beware due top that it has been out of water for 4 days any live form found on the rock will decomposed and this will caused you nitrate and ammonia to shoot up.

If you want to purchase it maybe you should put it a pail of salt water put in a water pump for circulation and run carbon at the same time. Let it run for a few days until there is no decomposed smell.

I wouldn't buy it if I were you... I'm sure there are other reefers selling (or giving away) their LRs. I know Figi is premium but dead rock is dead rock. It's been out of water for too long and the smell is gonna kill ya... pls don't tell me you're gonna take a cab or something, lol. The cab driver will "show-face" for sure :pirate:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Wow wow i learn something really. I also realise that (NO MATTER WHAT IF SOMEONE SELLING YOU JUST WANT TO SELL IT TELLING IT S OK LA IT S OK LA).... Ant way bro s and sis s a big thank you for all you re advices once again tannk you. I ll keep track on SRC for people to sell LR ya.....

Cheers

Liverpullians

• SRC Member
I wouldn't buy it if I were you... I'm sure there are other reefers selling (or giving away) their LRs. I know Figi is premium but dead rock is dead rock. It's been out of water for too long and the smell is gonna kill ya... pls don't tell me you're gonna take a cab or something, lol. The cab driver will "show-face" for sure :pirate:

Bro for your info the dead rock was in a carton box inside my room for quite sometime no smell at all and another few more box in my store room. All the rocks are there for my upgrading there's no issue about the smell from my family members. Now doing my piping hopefully can start cycling this weekend. :peace:

actually i've kept some live rocks out of water for like more then a month in an enclosed area and i can ensure tat there is no foul smell... just to clarify i dont noe know the seller of the rocks or anything. just wanna share my experience.

Bro for your info the dead rock was in a carton box inside my room for quite sometime no smell at all and another few more box in my store room. All the rocks are there for my upgrading there's no issue about the smell from my family members. Now doing my piping hopefully can start cycling this weekend. :peace:

So your rocks are really really dead... well I apologize for being such paranoia coz I have bad experiences with dying LR before (3 years back) and I don't think any decent person should go through that kinda torment.

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Try this thread... Live rocks for quite reasonable price... at least it is still inside the tank (open for viewing).

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=46118

Move fast :D (That's how I got mine...)