crabs killing cleaner shrimps

hi guys i need advice from you regarding crabs in my tank

the problem is that there are crabs in my tanks that are killing my shrimps

no wonder my shrimps keep doing the vanishing acts.

caught 1 small crab doing its evil deed just now (for me, for the crab i guess its survival). the thing is the shrimps is 4 times the lenght of the crabs and it still manage to drag and overpower the poor shrimp into its little hole . :shock:

my question is how can i get rid ot the crabs cause I want to keep shrimps in my tank

I think that there are a few of them in there .

I know some crabs are good for yr tank for eating algae and eating leftovers from feeding but this one definitely is not.

• SRC Member

i hate crab.. i still looking for answer

some ppl said hawkfish can get rid

some ppl said no, is hogfish...

but i will still do research for those fishes that can kill crab.

because i don't want the fish to kill my corals after no crabs.....

Erm, think your shrimp is proberbly dead or dying before your crab got it. Don't think a crab can grab a shrimp 4 times its size that easily..... smile.gif

yup most probably but got 3 previous shrimps and they all MIA B)

no bodies <_< must ask CSI team to check :lol:

any fishes eats crABS....what about trigger fishes ??

:angel:

• SRC Member

Hrmz, i have a few sallylightfoot to keep my algae in control. Have a couple of stray crabs in my tank which i never managed to get out. Have a pistol shrimp within the LRs somewhere. I guess its pretty impossibly to get everything out unless you "nuke" your Lrs before using them. When you buy corals you might get hitchhikers too, so spend some time checking new aquires for unwanted pests. Not really sure which fish will eat crabs. Triggers might but then they'll prob get to your shrimps too. And if your crab is small, i doubt any fish will be agile/small enough to go after it in a maze of LRs. Maybe you could try and catch them when they come out to feed at night w/o the lights on. Lure it with food or something in a trap. Gd luck! :)

My Newbie Tank Thread

My Blog

All pics taken with CanoN!~

• SRC Member

i dun think any crab can catch the cleaners bah.. everynight when they slp you will realise they will hang upside down from cliffs, and their feelers are always roving around the place... and when you try to catch them, they can shoot all over the place quite fast...