How to keep Turtle Weed

• SRC Member

But the uncle in Reborn said this one does not need strong light.

Maybe he has give me the wrong information. No wonder, it look like a bit of 'bald' just after one week.

What should be the ideal calcium level? For iron? Is it a much? Still don't have the additive and test kit for this.

;)

IMO Turtleweed is very beautiful especially placed near the light and current... but slight thinning is inevitable... and it is this thinning process that has driven me nutz!!! Turtleweeds everywhere... especially in my filter system. And it also comes with tiny pests in the shape of inverted pyramid... I quickly moved mine to another tank.

post-6-1143252955.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Hrmz, are they still alive as in did you managed to keep the bright green colour?

Mine died 1 week after the transfer...

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Eh for my tank my i just add few drops of aqua medic iron additive per week seems to survive well.. If u have any iron additive use the dosage guide as a guide with regards to ur tank. My tank is only about 10g. so yeah. for calcium maintain at 400-420 will do.

Just an additional info. Places around turtle weed are ideal places for snails to mate and lay eggs. I just had a few new turbo snails out of no where..

As for light moderate to strong light. Current is a must to blow away detritus or any shit that may settle on it.. so yeah remember to strong current. Or else it will discolour and fade off.. erm. if u have hermit crabs also must becareful. My hermit went to pluck out the weed dunno for what reason but my tank sudden had weeds flying around.