Light Fixtures of my Tank

LinkinPark

• SRC Member

1) 2 x 250w SE MH with DE reflectors

2) 4 x 54w D&D Blue T5

Was using 10kk BLV blub and they were too yellowish and the 4xT5 were not bright enough to "balance" it.

Manage to buy one (and only one) 250w SE 14kk BLV from Reef Depot today and the 2nd bulb is expected only @ 2 weeks later.

Currently, the left is fitted with the old 10kk and the right is fitted with 14kk

post-17-1144769304.jpg

• SRC Member

I always like the effect of actinic on corals, but unable to sacrifice a blue T5 for it as the actinic is too weak and could not balance the yellow tint of MH.

This is my new actinic lighting project :D and hopefully I have the CONTINUAL drive and energy to complete it .

These PowerCompact (PL) tubes were bought from Reef Depot. I was hoping to get 2pc of 55w 2ft long PL but they don't have it. So I have to settle for 2pc of 36w @ 1.5ft long PC.

These new lights will supplement the exisitng lighting fixtures

post-17-1144770593.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Under the actinic, the polyp extension looks better. It may be

1) the effect of light (and not the physical coral reaction)

or

2) the polyp reacts to the actinic spectrum

The coralites can also be seen clearer and this is the result of the actinic illumination.

post-17-1145705805.jpg

• SRC Member

Actinic tube in generally, is not intense and therefore, the bigger the wattage, IMO the merrier

The only regret is that I shoud have explored the 65w 2ft PL option. Reef Depot has no 55w stock and I bought the 2 pc of 39w (1.5ft).

I have seen an awesome sps setup with 3x250MH, 6xT5 blue & 2xT5 actinic. The colour of the physical coral (not the lighting effect) is fantastic and out of this world. As such, I believe that together with MH of 6.5k-14k and lots of blue light, the coral pigment may adapt to more intense colouration. :yeah: