M&M's Tank

Altantis

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

Oh..forget to highlight that my lighting currently = same

There a additional Hilo light added (try to use all light source I have as I need to plan for new ones) :look:

post-34-1145163368.jpg

If normal tube... u may want to consider going 2 white instead... no blue effect, but offers better intensity. This u can look at later... hehe sorry... I know u have 1001 things to tend to right now B)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Oh..forget to highlight that my lighting currently = same

There a additional Hilo light added (try to use all light source I have as I need to plan for new ones) :look:

Hilo as in normal Halogen bulb? Hehe, not gonna do much for the starving corals... just to satisfy ur eyes. Since urs is a cabinet on top, u may want to consider T5 fixture that u can hang down. Replace the normal fluorescent tubes, lol. If u can fit in 4 3ft 39W T5 into the cabinet... perfect liao!!! U may want to look at some retrofit fixtures with high-end reflectors.

Remember, light is everything... water current is second (according to Tunze website)... the fact that they put lighting above wave convinced me... if not, they could've claim wave for the top position.

Don't try MH, ur tank cannot take the heat (for sure) :P

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

Different dis-placement of light (some like army - moving of forces ha ha)

P/S: Previous is the right side of thw chamber of M&M's tank; now is the left side

Sorry for the pics...not touch up

post-34-1145163764.jpg

Were u referring to the algae on the backdrop? Do take it as a sign also... they are trying to tell u something... either uneven light distribution, dead zones (water flow), or etc... when it comes to nature... everything is connected... one will lead to another... so must :bow: mother nature :bow:

• SRC Member

Sorry folk... I'm not very consistently in my thread... thread will continues to jump from the 'OLD' times and now (like we're seating in a "TIME MACHINE")

So back to the process:

Step 1: R&R

- Continue on the change of water (1b); had suck out all the debris in both chamber & also tried filtering out all the debris in my coarse sand

1d. Change all filter wool in overflow chamber (left)

1e. Remove of some algae on the backdrop (manual and by tubo snail)

Other Activities also in progress during R&R:

Date / Activites

02/04/06 - Get cheap livesand from Sembawang decom SRC member

08/04/06 - Get FOC LR with a pail collected from SK SRC member (the much talk about decom sales)

08/04/06 - Brought 2nd hand TestKit from Bro William (he removed 3 other tank for new-born baby, left a neno so don;t need to use lol). Additional purchase of Resun FR 1000 & Rowa Phos (bal 400g). P/S: I was carrying the pail travelling from SK LRT.

09/04/06 - Looking for way to house my LS (3 memo, 2 cleaner Shrimp, File Fish) during major overhaul carried out. Source for FOC tank. Source for transport to buy LR with some coraline from Bro fabrian. Offer FOC tank and transport from kind Bro David but not the same day.

09/04/06 - Collected 30kg LR with some coraline from Bro fabrian (decom sales again). Total 2 red pail. 1 with tank water only.

• SRC Member

Continues on Step 1: R&R;

Step 2: Add items

Start Date: 09/04/06 Time: 11pm Hall Temperature: around 25 celcius (Aircon)

P/S: Items from 2a to 2c were done before ###### out debris in sand and chamber

2a. Transfer existing sand and 3 pieces of rock to pail with tank water with air pump

2b. Catch all the Snail, Sand shifting Star & Hermi Cab in container

2c. Transfer all LS to pail (JUST DO IT)

Suck all debris in both Chamber & some in sand and clean a bit of algae on the backdrop of the tank (3 sides)

2d. Add abt 25kg livesand to cover over the existing coarse sandbed (hope to keep the niitrifyibg bacteria)

2e. Resting Time :P - Let the cloudy water to turn clear (within 2hrs)

2f. Test SG. Add Marine Mix to adjust SG to 1.022

2g. Layout LR in pail and style-foam box

2h. Hold LR with some corals in another pail (Not charged from Bro Fabrian)

2i. Add new LR to tank

2j. place old LR to overflow chamber (again hopinge to keep the niitrifyibg bacteria)

End Date: 10/04/06 Time: 5am

• SRC Member

Pics of First set-up (major overhaul done on 09/04/06 to 10/04/06 AM):

>>note: Pics taken only on 11/04/06 cos my place is dirty after 5am and the very night come home and just went to bed to restore my loss sleep :eyeblur:

post-34-1145168934.jpg

Em... pretty interesting scaping. Looks a bit cluttered though... but other than that. A big improvement! Keep it up :lol:

• SRC Member
Em... pretty interesting scaping. Looks a bit cluttered though... but other than that. A big improvement! Keep it up :lol:

Appreciate your morale support also :lol:

:paiseh: I just put in as much LR I got as possible since LS still in holding area (red pail)

• SRC Member

Hi Bro Jervis,

U're still around, not going to LFS?

Btw, can use mac to change the backdrop algae to purple in colour, so it will look like coraline lol :idea::idea::idea:

• SRC Member
Hi Bro Jervis,

Btw, can use mac to change the backdrop algae to purple in colour, so it will look like coraline lol :idea::idea::idea:

ZzzZzzZ...LoL...get some coralline encrusted LRs, if your water parameters are right, they'll spread. :) Btw, whats that wire running from the left to right side of your tank? Anyway to hide it? looks kind of unsightly and dangerous if you have any LS that decides to nip at it one day. :)

My Newbie Tank Thread

My Blog

All pics taken with CanoN!~

• SRC Member
Btw, whats that wire running from the left to right side of your tank? Anyway to hide it? looks kind of unsightly and dangerous if you have any LS that decides to nip at it one day. :)

Oh, that the bubble air tube... trying to recycle my equipment.

Already kept cos the bubble made my cabinet salty :pinch:

Hi Bro Jervis,

You mean like this? :yeah::yeah::yeah:

Went to AM just now... bought something... surprise u guys later... waiting for it to open :)

post-34-1145171188.jpg

• SRC Member

You mean like this? :yeah::yeah::yeah:

Went to AM just now... bought something... surprise u guys later... waiting for it to open :)

Think I must get a MAC also :yeah::yeah::yeah:

Think I must get a MAC also :yeah::yeah::yeah:

It's not the computer... it's the software (Adobe Photoshop) and the skills... I do this for a living dude :blink: You can also try out this programme using ur PC. Same one... except performance and stability cannot compare to MAC lah! <_<

So u like the look of ur tank filled with purple coralline? Do you want to see a version of it filled with green hair algae? And all fish dead? I can make that :sick:

• SRC Member

The Actinodiscus Mushrooms are also referred to as Mushroom Anemones and Disc Anemones. They were previously in a genus called Discosoma.

post-34-1145171794.jpg