Altantis

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

Still learning.

You have a great new set-up also :eyebrow:

full of diatoms, filamentus algae, and wave makers that cant make up their mind whether to be strong or be weak.. haiz. stressing my hammers and torch quite a bit.. i dunno. does it look stressed?

• SRC Member
Very nice... can see the improvements from 1 month ago... now you know how much technology and gadgets help in this hobby right?

U are wrong there bro, there are alot of reefers here who are able to maintain very nice reef tanks even with minimal equipment and technology.

There's only so much u can invest in this hobby, unless u're a super rich man or rich man's son :lol:

Project R.E.

Main Tank: 48" x 18" x 24" 12mm with external overflow piping

Sump Tank: 28" x 14.5" x 12" (3 compartments)

Lightings: T5 HO - Hopar 3* 39w + ATI 2* 54w

Skimmer: Skimz Bullet Beckett

Chiller: Resun CL-650 (28 - 29 °C)

Wavemakers: 2* Seio M620 + 1* Hydor K2 (7100 litre / hr)

Fluidized Reactor: Skimz FR (currently empty)

Pumps: 1x Rio 32HF (Skimmer), 1x Rio 20HF (Return & Chiller)

Filtration: more than 80kg LRs, chaeto

Water Circulation: ~ 4000 litre / hr

Future Plans: additional wavemaker, DIY algae scrubber, DIY overflow box

Previously:

Project R : 36" x 12" x 24" 10mm reef

• SRC Member
full of diatoms, filamentus algae, and wave makers that cant make up their mind whether to be strong or be weak.. haiz. stressing my hammers and torch quite a bit.. i dunno. does it look stressed?

relax... I think you can make it :idea:

Saw that you DIY light... make want advise from you on how to DIY a T5 light set as I intend to add 1 more light to have better sunrise and night falls light effect :eyebrow:

My plan :idea: :

1-2pm - 1x Actinic Blue <Day light

2-2.30pm - 1x Actinic Blue & 2x Blue Plus <Morning sun rise

2.30-4pm - 2x Blue Plus <Morning to Noon

4-9pm - 2x Blue Plus & 2x AquaBlue Spezial (11,000K white light) <Noon to early Evening

9-10pm - 2x Blue Plus + 1x Actinic Blue <Dawn

10-12am - 1x Actinic Blue <Night Fail

• SRC Member

U are wrong there bro, there are alot of reefers here who are able to maintain very nice reef tanks even with minimal equipment and technology.

There's only so much u can invest in this hobby, unless u're a super rich man or rich man's son :lol:

Bro andylee, thanks for dropping by.

I do understand what you meant. But if you compare ours tank and those pro one (whom has more high tech equipment); I think we are still considered with minimal equipment and technology :lol:

Like mine... not even have chiller & CR :yeah:

Haha bro... I'm not gonna defend my position as you have your point of view there... I am communicating with bro Altantis coz I know he spent quite a bit lately... trying to reassure him that all his hard-earned money is well spent :lol: And yes as mentioned, technology includes photography and also a computer with photo editing software :)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member
technology includes photography and also a computer with photo editing software

Yes. We are sharing our joy in reefing, by capturing the best shot of our tank... effort counts ... if not you will not even have good pix to edit :peace:

My plan :idea: :

1-2pm - 1x Actinic Blue <Day light

2-2.30pm - 1x Actinic Blue & 2x Blue Plus <Morning sun rise

2.30-4pm - 2x Blue Plus <Morning to Noon

4-9pm - 2x Blue Plus & 2x AquaBlue Spezial (11,000K white light) <Noon to early Evening

9-10pm - 2x Blue Plus + 1x Actinic Blue <Dawn

10-12am - 1x Actinic Blue <Night Fail

Bro you are getting extremely pro lor... keep up the momentum!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Bro when r u adding another piece of equipment? Share leh... you should start doing reviews already :lol:

Just now was fun... so u manage to finish work on time? Oh still need to go collect my paid coral after meeting :P Who knows... I may get the Flame Hawk... let me check at Liveaquaria.com first ;)

• SRC Member
Bro when r u adding another piece of equipment? Share leh... you should start doing reviews already :lol:

Just now was fun... so u manage to finish work on time? Oh still need to go collect my paid coral after meeting :P Who knows... I may get the Flame Hawk... let me check at Liveaquaria.com first ;)

I got new equipment ???

My those common one also can post review... but my let me gather more courage on posting reviews with my powderful English :evil:

Yes. I work till 8pm :(

Don't think you can find any Flame Hawk when you are there as some people already post at around 4pm indicating all GONE <_<

Still have a few Flame Hawkfish lor... but afraid it will eat my shrimps for dinner... :(

Emm... depends really... if they extend very long, then Hammer... if not Frogspawn looks more pretty with more green dots :rolleyes: That brown Torch of yours... em not sure leh... no colour :unsure:

• SRC Member
Still have a few Flame Hawkfish lor... but afraid it will eat my shrimps for dinner...  :(

Emm... depends really... if they extend very long, then Hammer... if not Frogspawn looks more pretty with more green dots  :rolleyes:  That brown Torch of yours... em not sure leh... no colour  :unsure:

The torch should be light green throughout... I too tired forgot about the colour when I doing imaging :pinch:

Attached seems better but sI will only consider 50% close only :(

TorchsLongesttentacles20060607.jpg

Hahaha... don't reveal your own secret lah... digital imaging is secret lah... :o

I personally think that my set-up should still consider low tech since I now only equiped with the minmium equipment like skimmer, T5 light and fan...

:peace:

Try not to be humble bro... once you added a Tunze wavemaker that costs 4-digit... you are already considered semi-hightech... :lol::lol::lol: And your tank inhibitants are already showing good signs... so be bold enough to claim your status!!! :lol::lol::lol:

• SRC Member
Try not to be humble bro... once you added a Tunze wavemaker that costs 4-digit... you are already considered semi-hightech... :lol::lol::lol: And your tank inhibitants are already showing good signs... so be bold enough to claim your status!!! :lol::lol::lol:

That's why my sentence ends with ..... :lol:

Think I will also post my feeling on this high tech via low tech later :heh:

Hey bro after looking at your Hammer pix for a while, I think I know why it's now extending well... you bought the short tentacle type... I also have 1 colony exactly the same in terms of tentacle thickness and colouration... and it is not extending also :o

• SRC Member
Hey bro after looking at your Hammer pix for a while, I think I know why it's now extending well... you bought the short tentacle type... I also have 1 colony exactly the same in terms of tentacle thickness and colouration... and it is not extending also :o

Ok... Let find another day to get a better pic together :heh:

Thanks bro for leading me to that thread... I will add a link to that thread on my side too... it's very interesting to know people from the other extreme... I still think that I wouldn't come so far if not becoz of $$$... that is my personal view (of course) :)

• SRC Member

Next see...

I may want to prepare a "Thank You" speech (draft):

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for my wife, my son and fellow Bro & Sis reefer out there that give me advise and support in one way or the other :thanks:

And lastly, million thanks to my company for the attractive Bounses :eyebrow:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:evil: