SunSun, JinLong, Rainbow tank for Marine?

I am thinking of setting up a 6x2x2 tank using those taiwan/china made rounded corner tank... I like the rounded corner and it is better looking than normal 5 sided tank. I tried searching the net for material use and detail but found none...

I will be visiting some shop later to look see... Can feedback will be greatly appreciated.

- Can they tank the water pressure?

- Material Glass or Arylic, If acrylic then cleaning Algae will be :P

:thanks::bow:

I started a Nano Cube (with curved sides and bowfront)... then upgraded to a normal rectangular tank coz, the curves and such are just a novelty at the beginning. Cleaning the corners with magnet is hard, and fishes look distorted at angles.

Don't thing those tanks are meant for saltwater, so the thickness may not be sufficient. Unless those tanks are made of tempered glass, then can go slightly thinner glass. If not, IMO 12mm to 15mm thick glass is norm for a 6ft.

Acrylic... err... not too sure... but you will surely get scratches along the way one... no matter how careful. So it's for u to decide.

Yes, you are right to think carefully... tank is the hardest to upgrade, so must plan properly at the beginning. And if you compared the cost of the tank to the equipments you will be needing for the entire 6ft setup, the tank may only make up of 7% to 10% of the total setup cost. So no point cutting corners and "save a few bucks" here. Doesn't make much sense IMHO.

For me, I upgraded from a JBJ NC (made in China, if I'm not wrong) to an Aqua Medic tank (made in Germany using tempered glass for strength and safety).

Hope this helps!

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

:P I have a bullet-shaped partition tank 4ft x 2.5 x 2.5...& I can say it's unique & it is now the main attraction in the middle of my living room housing the living reef environment. Check out my web thread. B)

It has 12mm thick glass with Euro-bracings all round & come with a nice fitting cabinet to house your in-sump & essential equipments. :P

I see that the bigger the tank the distortion created by the curve will be less severe. In my case, I don't see any major issue with the distortion. In fact, I find it exciting to view corals & fish being magnified up close. :rolleyes:

Cleaning the tank is also not an issue as you can clean the corners using the standard cleaning sponge rod. You should also use a plastic scraper only.

An important advise is to find a reliable supplier who can make or sell a tank with 12mm thick glass & Euro-bracings all round. Then you will never go wrong with ya selection :eyeblur:

Happy hunting...!!! :yeah:

To be frank with you... I am not very convinced by all 3 brand names... Sunsun, Jinlong, Rainbow... hehe. Perhaps you wanna look for a reputable custom tank manufacturer instead... and yes, I think these Taiwanese/Chinese companies should relook at their naming and branding :lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Im using a sunsun tank...LoL. Its alright but i would go for a custom amde tank with a sump or IOS anytime. :)

Sorry bro... but ur tank looks so nice... now I know Sunsun makes nice tanks :lol: