Marine Pack for Sony DSC-P8 Digicam

Jun Hong

• SRC Member

Any diver has the marine pack as shown below. Could u please show some underwater photo since I would like to see the quality of the photo taken by DSC-P8. Think of buying one for my Sony digicam but worry that it is a waste of money if the photo quality is similar to those disposable underwater camera. :bow::thanks:

post-12-1065665766.jpg

• SRC Member

I think all marine packs are basically the same. It is the camera that makes the differance.

Preferably, you would need a camera with good range of manual settings (exposure, color adjustments, RAW format, etc), not the fully automatic ones since the light levels are so different several feet down.

As far as I know, the P8 is a fully automated camera, unlike the Canon G-series or some of the Olympus.

Having said that, your P8 will definitely take better picture than the disposable cameras. They should come out with decent pictures.

Plus I think it is a good compromise between a casual camera you can use for your regulars needs and the specialized needs of underwater photography.