New Tank

• SRC Member

I revamped my nano last month and soaked all the LR for 3/4 hr...got rid of lots of worms and crabs...yet still found 2 worms and 1 crab alive the day after. Soaking in FW helps but it's not gonna get rid of all the pest...by the way...anyone has any suggestion on how to get rid of the crab? :cry2:

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

bro .. dun think coral got blood ...haha .. umm might be... any pros can verify ? anyways ... just throw all of it away other than the snail ... if u got sump can throw the worm in ... will do good work for ur system .. :lol:

• SRC Member

Heehee... :D after such a long time finally able to add things into my tank...

anyone knows which type of fish eats PODS? and does starfish eat corals? :thanks: btw my new tank water parameter reading is now at :D :

PH=8.6

Nitrate=1mg/i(ppm)

Nitrite=0.02mg/i(ppm)

Ammonia=0mg/i(ppm)

today i jus bought a sea cucumber and a signal goby.... :lol:

hey guys can i knoe is there any thread frm here for me to know more abt signal goby? Then is it ok for a signal goby to be alone in the tank or muz it be in pair? :thanks:

seacucumber.jpg

signalgoby.jpg

Welcome back!!!

Emm... Sea Cucumber and Signal Goby... interesting choice :P

Here:

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_di...?pcatid=216&N=0

Liveaquaria is very very useful for quick reference :)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

:P thanks bro for ur useful info....

err... would lyk to update some other LS i would lyk to buy so pls advice me if any of the following is nt suitable for my samll tank. :thanks:

LS currently in the tank

================

1) signaL goby x 1

2) Sea Cucumber x 1

LS i intend to add in

================

1) clown fish x 2

2) cleanser shrimp x 1

3) royal gramma basslet x1

4) mandrain fish x 1

5) tube worm x 1

6) Zoanthus

7) coral mushroom

Am i over populate my tank?? (45cm x 20cm x 25cm)

can i know a 22L tank is equal to how many gallon?? :thanks:

• SRC Member
my tank?? (45cm x 20cm x 25cm)

4.95 UK gallons - Should be less than this if the height is the tank and not the water level ;)

• SRC Member

oh.. i think its a little too much.. anyway u can use the converter to calculate ur 22L with the SRC easy converter.. its at the left hand side of ur screen... the transformer there... =]

anyway ur tank is about 6 US GAL.. if totally filled with water la.. =]

A man with a reef tank is a man with an empty wallet...

:P thanks bro for ur useful info....

err... would lyk to update some other LS i would lyk to buy so pls advice me if any of the following is nt suitable for my samll tank. :thanks:

LS currently in the tank

================

1) signaL goby x 1

2) Sea Cucumber x 1

LS i intend to add in

================

1) clown fish x 2

2) cleanser shrimp x 1

3) royal gramma basslet x1

4) mandrain fish x 1

5) tube worm x 1

6) Zoanthus

7) coral mushroom

Am i over populate my tank?? (45cm x 20cm x 25cm)

22L is 5.8 US Gal

Yes, your LS plan will overpopulate the tank.

Perhaps you wanna reconsider the following:

3) Royal Gramma - can be quite aggresive in a small tank

4) Mandarin - unless your tank is matured with lots of food hidden within ur LR, not all Mandarin can be trained to take feedings

You can have the following but make sure you buy very small specimens:

1)

2)

5)

Items 6) and 7) are suitable for new tank and can spread pretty easily if the condition is right.

Oh... your pH of 8.6 is a bit on the high side.

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

hmm.. kinda confuse by the US and UK gallon thingy but will try to find out more by myself... thanks all of u...

bro jervismun, can i know how to lower my PH in this case?? wad should i do??

As for the LS, i will re-think abt it... thanks for advice... :peace:

To lower PH, you need to do water change... do it slowly :)

• SRC Member
hmm.. kinda confuse by the US and UK gallon thingy but will try to find out more by myself... thanks all of u...

bro jervismun, can i know how to lower my PH in this case?? wad should i do??

As for the LS, i will re-think abt it... thanks for advice... :peace:

Sorry... should use the US... why I always see the UK one :paiseh:

:yeah: :yeah: Hihi.... back to update again...

Firstly... sad to say dat our signal goby had committed sucide tis afternoon by jumping out of the tank. :cry:

Recently went to Jalan Kayu to bought a red zoan, a mushroom and a cleanser shrimp then juz now went to Ah Beng's shop to get some more soft corals too and oso a few LS.

Don noe if i went to the real Ah Beng's shop ant but the aunty over there is veri friendly and not forgetting the uncle oso....

Current LS in the tank are:

1) Sea Cucumber x 1

2) Cleanser shrimp x 1

3) star fish x 1 (unable to snap a pic of it as it is hiding)

4) ###### x 1 (unable to snap as it is too small ###### now hidding liaoz)

Intend to get 2 more clownfish and dat it... Hopefully wont populated the tank.

Here are some pics to show u guys...

Princesseve & Javier Little World....

DSCN1056.jpg

Full tank view.. although not really dat nice but are content with it.. :lol:

DSCN1063.jpg

DSCN1057.jpg

DSCN1059.jpg

tis is the hard coral which the uncle keep asking us to buy. Guys u all know wad is it call??

DSCN1064.jpg

Can i oso know wad is this??

:paiseh:

• SRC Member

DSCN1059.jpg

tis is the hard coral which the uncle keep asking us to buy. Guys u all know wad is it call??

I think a kind of flower plot coral

DSCN1064.jpg

Can i oso know wad is this??

Star Polyp (so call it GSP as they are usually green)

thanks thanks bro Altantis!! :lol:

Has been so glad dat we mange to survive till now... have been sitting infornt of the tank for hrs to enjoy it... :lol:

currently worry abt the temp as my SO aircon's spoil then the new one will come onil thursday... hopefully nothing will happen to the corals...

As for the flower plot coral, it getting bigger and bigger under the light... :ooh:

it was so small when we saw at the tank while we bought it... hopefully it wont be much threat to the tank..

hmm... sorry guys i think the pic is blur as it under the filter... will try to get a better one soon...

That's not a Xenia... but yes, the tentacles do sting. So if it grows too huge... then good and bad news lor... good news is your water is damn good... bad news is you might need to move it to a larger tank :(

There is no Aunty in Ah Beng shop lor... with both Uncle and Aunty... it should be called Chinatown already, lol!!!

:huh: so can i ask something? Another name for goniopora is it call jewel??

cos i recalled dat the uncle keep saying it jewel jewel jewel......

Then as for ######... can i know is ###### its actual name or juz a nickname?? :rolleyes:

As for the Ah beng's shop i went to Paris Ris lot 35 farmway 2. Then outside the gate there a big kio. :P

:huh: so can i ask something? Another name for goniopora is it call jewel??

cos i recalled dat the uncle keep saying it jewel jewel jewel......

Then as for ######... can i know is ###### its actual name or juz a nickname?? :rolleyes:

As for the Ah beng's shop i went to Paris Ris lot 35 farmway 2. Then outside the gate there a big kio. :P

Koi? Or Arowana? Inside Ah Beng premise thre are actually 2 LFS. 1 full with Ah Bengs... 1 manned by Uncle and Aunty. I got a feeling you were in the right place, but wrong LFS. Ah Beng is the one further away from the road... inside one.

oh... we always went ard 7pm plus so too dark don noe its kio or arowana... lolx.. but i think i went to the wrong LFS. Ya... i went to the one where u turn in frm the road side the 1st row frm at the left hand side. the 1st shop is all fresh water fish then beside it is the one i went.

Hmm... wad u guys think of the one handle with uncle and anuty?

i find them super friendly as we went in, they talk non stop to us.. haha..

juz went there to grab something again to block the skimmer... cos the star fish got stuck at the skimmer, luckily didnt die... phew...

Starfish accident... must show pix lah... this kinda pix will surely get highlight of the week!!! :o

wahaha... paiseh la.. din tk pic.. cos juz now too gan chiong and shock when we saw as bubbles keep popping out of the skimmer juz like volcano erupt..

After recusing it, it curl into a ball but due to the shape its look as if it is pointing the middle finger at both of us... now thinking back , wad a waste we din took a pic of it.. lol

• SRC Member

Ah Beng's shop shld be behind the uncle and auntie shop rite?

Ah Beng's shop got a few ah bengs :lol:

Project R.E.

Main Tank: 48" x 18" x 24" 12mm with external overflow piping

Sump Tank: 28" x 14.5" x 12" (3 compartments)

Lightings: T5 HO - Hopar 3* 39w + ATI 2* 54w

Skimmer: Skimz Bullet Beckett

Chiller: Resun CL-650 (28 - 29 °C)

Wavemakers: 2* Seio M620 + 1* Hydor K2 (7100 litre / hr)

Fluidized Reactor: Skimz FR (currently empty)

Pumps: 1x Rio 32HF (Skimmer), 1x Rio 20HF (Return & Chiller)

Filtration: more than 80kg LRs, chaeto

Water Circulation: ~ 4000 litre / hr

Future Plans: additional wavemaker, DIY algae scrubber, DIY overflow box

Previously:

Project R : 36" x 12" x 24" 10mm reef