Dr Evil's Den

dr evil

• Sponsor
Wow... good work bro...

Just a reminder, BK not easy to clean and fine tune.. ;)

Hope u can have that corrected before it overflow back to ur sump..

But they are excellent product.. :D

Looking forward of seeing more.

thats what i realise too. Seems hard to stablise the water level.... :lol: After a few tweeking, i manage to set to my desire level.

The bubbles produces by the BK is awesome.....the water outlet also plays a major part which now i know...

Am happy with this unit...not to mention the craftmanship is of top quality. Nothing stand close after using a few brands of skimmer :lol:

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sponsor
sweet tank! high end *5 star* equipment!

i hv a Q....did u buy the skimmer/pumps thru online orders or locally?

if so how long does it take those super-duper RDs to reach to ur door steps?

*sight* u make me ####this morning :huh:

..........off i go to buy TOTO....... :angel:

buy direct from germany....it took me @ 2weeks for waiting period..

De has got deep pockets. Anyway nice work there. . . Post some pictures of ur BK skimming. :)

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

deep pocket with a large hole.... :lol:

For far, nothing to skim yet...tank so empty... :rolleyes:

Quite certain ur tank will be spectacular. I mean the equipments does play a very impt role, but experience counts. So are u using a mix between T5 and MH for this set up?

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

• SRC Member
Quite certain ur tank will be spectacular. I mean the equipments does play a very impt role, but experience counts.

Bro Acidjazz is right... can't wait to see your amazing tank... equipments and experience... you have both :lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Sponsor

Bro Acidjazz is right... can't wait to see your amazing tank... equipments and experience... you have both :lol:

am still learning even after reefing for more than 6yrs now....equipments are getting more advance now... :lol:

• Sponsor

Till now, i have not decided to go full reef, Fowlr or SPS tank...still confuse on what to keep.

As for my Lighting, will go full pledge T5's. With all the good tubes in the market, everyone is spoilt for choice.

To start with, i have contruct a high hood of @ 2ft in height. So with this option, i am able to change to MH anytime. With this tall hood, i can also adjust my height of my lights....

So my choice now, 6 x 80watts T5

here is my light rack that i have customize which is adjustable.

post-34-1151338017.jpg

Interested to see what you will select for the 6 tubes... dimmable ballasts? :lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Sponsor

My 3 sets of dual 80watts retrofit.

These retrofit are built to last and are using tridonic atco eballast. They are using individual parabolic reflectors so that to achieve optimum light spread. All parts are from Europe and have a 1yr warranty.

These 80watts eballast are specially brought in from EU.

post-34-1151338417.jpg

• Sponsor

This custom rack will hold up to 4 sets of DE Lightings retrofit in case i wish to upgrade in future. Since there are only mainly fishes now, had decided to hook up 2 sets first.

These retrofit will sit nicely on the custom racks. Since i am using 2 sets now, there are space to move around.

Here is a birds eye view of the custom rack and 2 sets of retrofit.

post-34-1151338994.jpg

• SRC Member

Nice setup Bro ^^

Keep it coming.. really love to see the full tank setup soon.

Show us how the lights shine into the tank lah... keep us in suspense for so long :lol::lol::lol:

• SRC Member
Till now, i have not decided to go full reef, Fowlr or SPS tank...still confuse on what to keep.

As for my Lighting, will go full pledge T5's. With all the good tubes in the market, everyone is spoilt for choice.

To start with, i have contruct a high hood of @ 2ft in height. So with this option, i am able to change to MH anytime. With this tall hood, i can also adjust my height of my lights....

So my choice now, 6 x 80watts T5

here is my light rack that i have customize which is adjustable.

go for mixed reef la bro.. :lol: :lol:

like the impossible reef B)

have seen the bk in action personally and the bubbles are like :blink::shock::ooh:

currently not running the chiller and using 2x80watts T5. save alot of cost if just to run FOWLR tank.... :lol:

can keep all sort of angels and butterfly somemore :D

show more pic DE :P:P:P

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

More more more :lol: