Tank Background

Dear all bros.

I am new to this Marine reef club.

I am interested to setup a marine tank but not sure which tank to use.

Can anyone tell me if a black background tank or a clear tank is more suitable for setting up Marine Tank?

I have a 1 clear tank and 1 with Black Oyama Paper for the background which i previously used for Arowana.

Thanks.

• SRC Member

Hi Luiz, welcome to the club. About the tank background it depend on individual. Some ppl like it with blk bckgrnd and some don't. It's all depend on how u want ur tank to look like. Black bckgrnd will make ur tank slightly darker but will make ur LS or ur corals stand out. For transparent back again it's all depend on wat is behind ur tank. But still u can cover it when u do scaping with ur life rock. Hope this help u some way or another.

Can anyone tell me if a black background tank or a clear tank is more suitable for setting up Marine Tank?

I have a 1 clear tank and 1 with Black Oyama Paper for the background which i previously used for Arowana.

Black backgrounds will give an impression of depth and provide good contrast for the color of your corals and fish. The clear back will show wires/cables running at the back ... if you have any. If not, it'll just show the color of your walls.

Either way, you'll soon have coralline all over, do it could end up as a purple background. :D