New project coming soon

Lara

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now No3 is in the 3 level from 5 level. try to change the 80% water this weekend :(

Sis, looking real good (and real packed)... it's sad to see a tank fully packed actually... no more LFS shopping :cry2:

Changing of water may not be the long term solution for controlling NO3 effectively in my opinion. And changing 80% is way too extreme, you may want to reconsider that. Perhaps 20% weekly.

Personally, I try not to rely solely on water change to control nutrients reason being... I might get lazier next time, busy at times and I do travel more often towards year end. And water change is both expensive and time consuming.

Perhaps you want to consider introducing a Nitrate Reductor (Denitrator) into the system. A reliable working Denitrator can help maintain NO3 at almost undetectable level at all time.

But the most effective "weapon" of all is a good efficient skimmer. I am confident that your NO3 will be much lesser if you are to run a more efficient/powerful protein skimmer.

Since you can't add much corals to your tank now... perhaps focus on hardware :lol: It's a cycle... with better equipments... you can add in more corals!!! ;):pinch::unsure::unsure:

Note: My last sentence was meant to be a joke. It can be true... but too controversial a statement :lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member
why is your anemone near the water surface?

That's my special anemone. it likes that area. after try to attach the mirrormany times. so I let it choose the location by itslef. then it never walk anymore (now). :

• SRC Member

Sis, looking real good (and real packed)... it's sad to see a tank fully packed actually... no more LFS shopping :cry2:

Changing of water may not be the long term solution for controlling NO3 effectively in my opinion. And changing 80% is way too extreme, you may want to reconsider that. Perhaps 20% weekly.

Personally, I try not to rely solely on water change to control nutrients reason being... I might get lazier next time, busy at times and I do travel more often towards year end. And water change is both expensive and time consuming.

Perhaps you want to consider introducing a Nitrate Reductor (Denitrator) into the system. A reliable working Denitrator can help maintain NO3 at almost undetectable level at all time.

But the most effective "weapon" of all is a good efficient skimmer. I am confident that your NO3 will be much lesser if you are to run a more efficient/powerful protein skimmer.

Since you can't add much corals to your tank now... perhaps focus on hardware :lol: It's a cycle... with better equipments... you can add in more corals!!! ;):pinch::unsure::unsure:

Note: My last sentence was meant to be a joke. It can be true... but too controversial a statement :lol:

you sre totally right, bro.

it's time to pay more.

I will take a look at lfs this weekned to find some suitable stuffs.

Many thanks :lol:

• SRC Member

Nice purple anemone. I might be wrong but i'm afraid the anemone might be artificially dyed. ;)

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Nice purple anemone. I might be wrong but i'm afraid the anemone might be artificially dyed. ;)

I initially thought so too... but that Anemone has been with Sis for a couple of weeks now... so I take it as its natural colour :)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member
well, if its dyed, shouldnt the root be purple too? its a yellow root purple tenecles anemone as you can see in the previous picture.

u r my real fan, bro w3ish3ng. How is new tank? ;) no new marine menber this week, please see my new zoid member in stead as attached

post-34-1156668590.jpg

u r my real fan, bro w3ish3ng. How is new tank? ;) no new marine menber this week, please see my new zoid member in stead as attached

Wah... I still remember one of my favourite Zoid... a white scorpion :)

• SRC Member

Wah... I still remember one of my favourite Zoid... a white scorpion :)

Dear Bro jervismun, is this yours?

I am trying to collect zoid troop but not all them la even i want too :lol: .

post-34-1156731065.jpg