Mini Bubble King Skimmer

acidjazz

My apologies. That dining table is the biggest in Bubble King Range. The BK-650 model. 11000sgd.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

• SRC Member

:o besides, you can 'kay-liao' to ya meals if u need to boost up with extra vitamins such as 'royal exclusiv jelly-o scumate' ! :sick::D:lol:;)

hahahaaa.... this giant skimmer can let you "kay" a lot of "liao". . .

extra sauce for you sir?

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

Very impressive "tree-trunk" GIANT!!! Now who's that guy? Royal's boss? :lol::lol::lol:

I have a dream... I have a dream one day... I have a dream one day I will... :P

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Very impressive "tree-trunk" GIANT!!! Now who's that guy? Royal's boss? :lol::lol::lol:

I have a dream... I have a dream one day... I have a dream one day I will... :P

jervis, that guy is not klaus. . just a regular reefer.

i am sure you can fork out $11000 for this BK. Besides, i am pretty damn sure no one in singapore owns it, u can have the prestige.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

i am sure you can fork out $11000 for this BK. Besides, i am pretty damn sure no one in singapore owns it, u can have the prestige.

Yeah... you always challenge me that way... :angry:

Perhaps one day... I will be lucky enough to own one... perhaps :)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

I'm off to visit my parents in Germany during the first week of September, the live in wartenberg the same small village that tropic marin are based. Maybe i'll pick up a mini bubble king instead of the deltec 701, hmmm...

Bro... that's a fantastic idea!!! This Mini-BK looks extremely promising... how I wish I have parents staying in Germany... :) You can do a product review for us to drool also :lol:

Yeah... you always challenge me that way... :angry:

Perhaps one day... I will be lucky enough to own one... perhaps :)

not challenging you la. . . :lol:

buy an equipment only if you think your tank need it and not because it looks pretty in your tank.

frankly, i am tempted to buy IKS Aquastar now but i believe my FOWLR tank has no need for such computers. All i need more is a good skimmer. The deltec 851 might be slightly undersized for my tank. The next model sld be deltec702 or deltec902 which is $2399 and $2599 respectively.

Alternatively, there's bubbleking 250 or 300 model which is close to $2600. Only drawback is that spare parts are practically non-existent in singapore.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

• SRC Member

:lol:

Bubble King is a good skimmer, as i do own 1. it can skim hell from your tank.

But this picture...... :o

2.jpg

Sure is like drawing a snake with 4 legs. Dont even know what is the water they skim? Sewage??? Unless they show the tank with the BK in it. I dont find any purpose on using this top grade skimmer in sewage water?

I hope they can address this as its giving false impression on potential buyers.

:(

I agree with you bro Reefaholic... damn... they put such a beauty inside a sewage tank :angry:

• SRC Member
:lol:

Bubble King is a good skimmer, as i do own 1. it can skim hell from your tank.

But this picture...... :o

2.jpg

Sure is like drawing a snake with 4 legs. Dont even know what is the water they skim? Sewage??? Unless they show the tank with the BK in it. I dont find any purpose on using this top grade skimmer in sewage water?

I hope they can address this as its giving false impression on potential buyers.

:(

:sick:

I don't think anyone can argue that BK is just a pretty flower vase.

I don't think anyone can argue that BK is just a pretty flower vase.

haha. . gotta e-mail Klaus Jensen and tell him that. :lol:

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

• SRC Member

And this one too... body is dirty..

IMO, you can get such skimmate if you didnt clean your skimmer regularly including the body (about more than 10days) I will also be able to get such skimmate, only thing that the body of this skimmer will be very dirty.

post-17-1155041182.jpg

Bro Reefholic

I might be wrong... (since I do not own a BK) but the last 2 photos you showed us were placed on the external... meaning in contact with daylight. Could that be the reason for their bodies to look so filthy?

• SRC Member
Bro Reefholic

I might be wrong... (since I do not own a BK) but the last 2 photos you showed us were placed on the external... meaning in contact with daylight. Could that be the reason for their bodies to look so filthy?

Nope... i disagree..

If you look carefully on the 2nd picture, the body of the reaction chamber is dirty. It is because it is unreachable. How do you explain that? Issit it no daylight too if it is what you said?

Even without daylight, the body is should also be fithy. Except no green algae.

Impossible to have the cup full and without any dirt in the skimmer body. If you place your skimmer inside your cupboard, when the collection cup is this full, your skimmer body will also look dirty. You can try and if you can wait this long.

Hehe bro... I guess I will have to wait a very long time in order to get my hands on a BK... and if I do... I will definitely clean it frequently... it's such a beauty :lol:

But one thing I am unclear of is your intention... you posted a few pix of "unrealistic" skimmate and a few "realistic" skimmate... all showing the Bubble King working well... I'm confused actually... perhaps I have not reach to that point of understanding your intention :)

Emm... bro Reefaholic... I'm beginning to see the point... found a pix of a BK operated inside cabinet and it does show dirt on the chamber towards the neck... I think this pix is very clear as there isn't any algae growth on it...

So some of those pix might be fabricated/manipulated? :cry:

post-17-1155059515.jpg

any idea on the price tag for mini BK?

I think we are looking at plus minus $1600 :o