Problem feeding seahorse

tomowilson

• SRC Member

is the shrimps bigger than the sh snout? if so the shrimp might have scared the sh away... :P find shrimp real small and tiny... ;) if not get some brineshrimp , see if he feeds...

I gotta feeling..Woo...hoo....That tonight's gonna be a good night.....That tonight's gonna be a good, good night!

is the shrimps bigger than the sh snout? if so the shrimp might have scared the sh away... :P find shrimp real small and tiny... ;) if not get some brineshrimp , see if he feeds...

hahhaha...even the small malayan shrimp it also not interested...even let the tiny shrimp climb on its head....like to look at it own reflection leh :nc: .....i corner it to the corner of my tank with some pvc pipe...just like ur method...but it keeps on trying to swim to those LRs on the other side..... :unsure:

Tmr i go buy those adult brineshrimps see it works or not.....haizz :(

• SRC Member

Hi bro, possible to show pics? any sigh of illness? from what i know... healthy sh will definatly eat any shrimps small enough to fit the snout regardeless of how many days he arrived in your tank. ;)

I gotta feeling..Woo...hoo....That tonight's gonna be a good night.....That tonight's gonna be a good, good night!

• 2 months later...
  • SRC Member
BroI feed my seahorses with the mysis that can easily found at wet market (only at tekka market ) Malay call them Grago. For best results need to soak them with selcon for balance diet...

erm.. is it sliver fish? from ur pic it looks like the sliver fish

Bro selcon is concentrated liquid vitamins ...you can get them at reef depot

Emmm how many seahorse you have? anyone eating frozen?

ok for a start feed them with mix frozen and live together...best already soak with selcon ( so later on they will accustomed with frozen when you stop the live...)

Just a practise for me....normally I gently knock the tank 3 times...soon my herds recognized it is feeding time....