Marine Stingrays

• SRC Member

rays are not recommanded for our normal tank. as they need a big area of sandbed. in rc, there is one guy who delicated a 19x5x2.5/3 tank just for the ray. althought its a reef tank, but he had made his effort to have a huge area of sandbed just for that guy. doubt you have such a big tank. and the sandbed must be smooth sand if not the ray will injure his belly which can lead to infection and death.

Member of

n34281892381_7606.jpg

• SRC Member
in rc, there is one guy who delicated a 19x5x2.5/3 tank just for the ray.

Actually it was a 15 ft tank....but huge nonetheless.... ;)

Tank 66"x27"x28" - Return Pump Red Dragon 12m3 - Skimmer Deltec AP701 - Chiller Starmex - Wavemakers Wavysea - Lighting DE 6 x T5-HO

southpaw23's reef

• SRC Member

If ur refering to Energy's tank....the one with the title stingray tank at RC...then it's a 15 footer.... ;)

Else...i'll have to go on RC and see this 19 footer ur talkin about :)

Tank 66"x27"x28" - Return Pump Red Dragon 12m3 - Skimmer Deltec AP701 - Chiller Starmex - Wavemakers Wavysea - Lighting DE 6 x T5-HO

southpaw23's reef

From my previous experience with stingrays, best use grade 1 sand or dun use any at all.

my stingray's belly was slightly scratched as well due to the rocks. . so gotta be slightly more careful on tt.

If not, they generally are quite easy to keep and feeds mostly on market prawns.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

• SRC Member
my stingray's belly was slightly scratched as well due to the rocks. . so gotta be slightly more careful on tt.

Thats more cos you didn't have enough tank space for the stingray. :(

Please understand that these specimens are NOT SUITABLE for home aquariums and are much more complex creatures than ur regular fishes.

As a rule of thumb, if you don't have enough experience, nor have enough dough to buy a REALLY large tank.....please save these fishes from premature deaths and leave them in the oceans where they belong.......

southpaw23's reef

• SRC Member
its energy tank. but i still like the new 6000gallon tank coming up. the shark tank. that is like my gosh. haha

6000 gallon shark tank?? wow!....i gotta go check that out...haven't been on there in a while....must go see later tonight :D thanks for the heads up ;)

southpaw23's reef