Deltec vs ATI vs Bubble King

ReDDeviLs

Bubble King is clearly the winner.

Its tested and proven in Germany.

As for ATI and Deltec, i believe there's a fight.

I will post again when i hook up the ATI Bubble Master which comes with an air meter, so i can calculate the capacity of air drawn.

What's ur basis for the winner anyway?

The performance vs the price? or solely on performance?

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

• SRC Member

hahaha here we go again ... used to be comparison of h&s n deltec tahts stirred up such a big hu ha hahaha... interesting ...

Main Tank : 48 inch by 36 inch by 28 inch (2 sides starphire glass)
Sump Tank :
Return Pump :
Chiller : Starmax Compressor 1 HP Drop coil
Chiller Return Pump
Protein Skimmer :
Wave Maker :
Fluidised Reactor :

To be honest... I think Deltec will win in terms of performance alone.

Not that they are the best... simply they use the most numbers of pumps. How can a Red Dragon fight with 4 Eheims? :lol:

If price is the determining factor, ATI wins.

But in the end of the day, we need to also look at other factors such as after sales support (Deltec wins), energy consumption (ATI & BK), aesthetic (err... subjective to individual) :lol:

We are like comparing VW, BMW, Audi and Mercedes :unsure:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

maybe we shld also look at power consumtion vs performance than it will be more fair?

Haha... now we are talking...

Some will go for Lamborghini... but I like the Lotus concept very much leh... most probably I will own one before I die :lol:

It's not that hard to design a 1 tonne sports car and put in a 6000CC engine and expect it to outrun a family sedan :lol::lol::lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

The biggest Bubble King model which is BK-650 runs on two Red Dragon pumps. The volume of air intake and water intake can beat Deltec's 1004 model any time. Its prized at almost 11000sgd

Details of Deltec 1004:

The European AP1004 is fitted with 4 Eheim pumps each drawing in 600lts of air per hour giving a total of 2,400lts/hour. (quoted from reefdepot's website)

As for BK-650, the air intake is at least 5000 litres minimum.

Price wise: ATI

Performance wise: BK

Electrical consumption: BK

After sales support: Deltec

The problem with BK is if the titanium impeller ever breaks for wadeva reason, u might have to wait 3 months for a replacement. As for Deltec, replacement is readily available at reefdepot. As for ATI, think we can diy the replacement ourselves. :lol:

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

Talk is cheap, anyone can quote off the websites or manuals

I will wait the day someone test these 3 skimmers side by side

Haha... realistically, I don't think there will be any Singaporea willing to allocate $20K to do the test... Reefcentral perhaps :lol:

So while waiting for "that" Singaporean to emerge, what we can do is talk sensibly based on our best knowledge and specs available.

Bro Acidjazz, I don't think ATI Bubble Master is in the same league as BK-650 and Deltec 1004. ATI Bubble Master was designed for a much smaller capacity at 1/10 the cost of the BK-650.

Since you highlighted the 2 models, perhaps a look at their power consumption will make the comparison more meaningful (bearing in mind they may not be rated under the same tank capacity).

BK-650: 58W x 2 = 116W = $17.50/month

Deltec 1004: 65W x 4 = 260W = $39.30/month

ATI Bubble Master: 80W = $12.00/month

Must agree with bro Acidjazz that BK is the clear winner when it comes to energy efficiency :bow: ... and running the Deltec 1004 will consume $471.60/year or a shocking 2,277,600W per year :shock:

• SRC Member

Perhaps to help facilitate this along better....why don't we do a comparison of skimmers within the same skimming capacity range? Say for instances 1000 litres? Take the models from each of the brands and lets have input and a comparison on it's performance....

No point talkin about ridiculously priced, high powered skimmers that 99% of us are probably NEVER going to see or use in our lifetime. Lets be a little more practical in this discussion and compare models which ppl are currently already using....

To start off, how bout a comparison between the Deltec 851, ATI Bubble Master and maybe the BK-250 ? (I'm not quite familiar with their models, would this model be comparable?)

Lets the games begin! ;)

Tank 66"x27"x28" - Return Pump Red Dragon 12m3 - Skimmer Deltec AP701 - Chiller Starmex - Wavemakers Wavysea - Lighting DE 6 x T5-HO

southpaw23's reef

• SRC Member
I seriously don't know what is there to discuss except cruching numbers given out by the manufacturers.

Unless someone can conduct a controlled test environment to test the skimmers, I will say this again "talk is cheap".

I believe the intent of this thread is in finding out HOW we can measure the three skimmers.

There is no right and wrong, what i believe the intent of the thread starter is to find out 1. If we can establish a common measurement, 2. If we can actually find a realistic testing ground etc.....

So to me...the discussion is still valid...we're just coming up with ideas....the number crunching will help substantiate future findings... ;)

Tank 66"x27"x28" - Return Pump Red Dragon 12m3 - Skimmer Deltec AP701 - Chiller Starmex - Wavemakers Wavysea - Lighting DE 6 x T5-HO

southpaw23's reef

hmmm. . i know who has a BK-250, Deltec 851 and ATI Bubble Master respectively.

All the tanks are 5-6 footer big. Will try to request for some information from them.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

To start off, how bout a comparison between the Deltec 851, ATI Bubble Master and maybe the BK-250 ? (I'm not quite familiar with their models, would this model be comparable?)

Ok bro... as you wish... but please bear in mind some manufacturers may over-rate their skimmer... however, it should be quite minimal in this instance since all 3 are well-established German brands in the industry.

We shall compare ATI Bubble Master 250, BK-250 and Deltec AP902 (AP851 is way too low in capacity)... going in alphabetical order :)

ATI Bubble Master 250

• For up to 3000L

• Single Eheim 1260 producing 2000L of air per hour

• Power consumption 49W

• Price Euro 480

Bubble King 250

• For 800L to 2000L

• Single Red Dragon producing 1500L of air per hour

• Power consumption 45W

• Price Euro 1600

Deltec AP902

• For 1800L to 2500L

• Duo Eheim producing 1200L of air per hour

• Power consumption 130W

• Price SGD 2790

If I am to build a dream skimmer... it will be...

• Single Eheim 1260 producing 2000L of air per hour (ATI Bubble Master 250)

• Power consumption 45W (Bubble King 250)

• Price Euro 480 (ATI Bubble Master 250)

Well that's just me :lol:

jervis, i already received the ATI bubble master. Its running on a Eheim1262 pump (80 watt).

reefdepot selling Deltec902 for 2579sgd.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

jervis, i already received the ATI bubble master. Its running on a Eheim1262 pump (80 watt).

reefdepot selling Deltec902 for 2579sgd.

Really? I know that ATI is in the midst of changing to a more energy efficient pump... the 1260 (49W) info was taken from 2 German sources (1 being ATI website). Let me drop by AM and check my piece. From what I heard, ATI already stopped producing BM 250 with airflow meter. My BM 250 doesn't come with the airflow meter.

Yes... that's after +/- 10% discount (I took price from their website). So, if you are to get both ATI and BK from German site, you will get 16% VAT rebate too :lol: Prices were provided as a guide only.

Really? I know that ATI is in the midst of changing to a more energy efficient pump... the 1260 (49W) info was taken from 2 German sources (1 being ATI website). Let me drop by AM and check my piece. From what I heard, ATI already stopped producing BM 250 with airflow meter. My BM 250 doesn't come with the airflow meter.

Yes... that's after +/- 10% discount (I took price from their website). So, if you are to get both ATI and BK from German site, you will get 16% VAT rebate too :lol: Prices were provided as a guide only.

i rather ATI used back the Eheim pump. The reason being their new pump will be manufactured by the mother company Sicce (Italy brand) which also produces Quietone pumps etc. As fas as i know, Eheim beats Sicce pumps hands down.

i still have the air flow meter, maybe mine is old stock. Fortunately!!! :lol:

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

i still have the air flow meter, maybe mine is old stock. Fortunately!!! :lol:

Yes luckily you have it coz the newer ones will not have the meter... I was told that ATI decided to remove it as the current air flow meter tends to rust after a while.. so you may want to look into that... or perhaps they have something to hide :ph34r:

You are the only person in Singapore now that can verify their claim of producing 2000ltr of air per hour... :)

The Sicce pump (so called ATI1500) is only used for the Twister®M, Bubble Master will remain using Eheim (be it 1260 or 1262)... :heh:

Bro Acidjazz

Just got confirmation from LFS, my BM 250 is running on Eheim 1262 (80W), similar to yours... now the mystery is... is the 1260 (45W) a new development or an old pump that they replaced with 1262? I am confused :cry:

Bro Acidjazz

Just got confirmation from LFS, my BM 250 is running on Eheim 1262 (80W), similar to yours... now the mystery is... is the 1260 (45W) a new development or an old pump that they replaced with 1262? I am confused :cry:

The thing is. . Eheim 1260 is definately not 45 watt. This is verified by the specs provided on Eheim website, its supposed to be 65 watt.

I think ATI is still doing R/D on their new pumps.

Just like ur ATI twister, it was previously run on a eheim 1250 pump.

After i hook up the ATI bubble master, will post some pictures of it and and see what the air flow meter measures.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor: