My minireef!

minireef

• SRC Member

Oh dear... I moved my ATI Powermodul up and down almost everyday... no shock leh... must learn from you how to do the grounding already :)

I believe yours is already grounded via the hanging cables to the ceiling. Mine is sitting on the eurobracing cos I chose not to hang it which is why it needs additional grounding. :blink::off:

Apologies to minireef if I :off:

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
it's safer to have grounding... if you are not a DIY master, get help lah...

I have changed to local 3 pin plug. I thought it is already grounded? must check, not too sure.

My Reefing Mission:-

To manage the waters and lights with efficient resources, disciplined husbandry and prograsive knowledge.

• SRC Member

I have changed to local 3 pin plug. I thought it is already grounded? must check, not too sure.

Think you are only grounded at the plug.. but the component inside the lightning is not. Quick way to check is maybe to fire up the lights for about 15mins and touch the casing. See if u can feel static or maybe a slight shock. Or if u have multimeter, then will be less painful. Just poke and see if got stray current anot.

Think you are only grounded at the plug.. but the component inside the lightning is not. Quick way to check is maybe to fire up the lights for about 15mins and touch the casing. See if u can feel static or maybe a slight shock. Or if u have multimeter, then will be less painful. Just poke and see if got stray current anot.

Sorry for my ignorance... can I use a testpen to try? Hehe... I'm not only a DIY dummy... I'm a dummy in electric related stuff too :o

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

You can use a testpen but sometimes the current might be too low for the testpen to pick up. However, from my own shocking experiencing... :lol: if its enough to give you a small shock, it will show on the testpen. :nuke:

You can use a testpen but sometimes the current might be too low for the testpen to pick up. However, from my own shocking experiencing... :lol: if its enough to give you a small shock, it will show on the testpen. :nuke:

Ok then... I will stick my TESTPEN everywhere tonight :lol: Hey... NOT THERE LAH!!! :heh:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

While waiting for my project to start, Allow me to share some of my LS.

I always enjoyed watching this sand sifting gobby.

But was told it will be bad for the corals, when he/she "spray" sand on them.

post-34-1156855660.jpg

To manage the waters and lights with efficient resources, disciplined husbandry and prograsive knowledge.

While waiting for my project to start, Allow me to share some of my LS.

I always enjoyed watching this sand sifting gobby.

But was told it will be bad for the corals, when he/she "spray" sand on them.

You love it now... you will hate it later... IT'S A LOVE AND HATE AFFAIR :lol::lol::lol: My advice, don't transfer it to your new tank or else your Prata and Clams will suffer big time :heh: Don't believe... ask bro Lyz77 :cry:

Isn't Royal Gama a beauty? It seem, it is not a very popular fish :erm::erm::erm:

Used to be very popular (must have for every tank)... but this Brazilian Gramma is not as beautiful as the "real" Royal Gramma (the country of origin banned export). So a lot of reefers rather get other Grammas lor.

• SRC Member

I love to watch this pair of clown. The bigger one likes to use it's tail to fan up the sand bed :shock::shock::shock: Why is that so?

post-34-1156914289.jpg

My purple tang

Nice... didn't know PT has so much details on its body B)

As for you Maroon Clown... beware of the female's aggression... it can cause real destruction to the tank if it gets really crazy... my "Big Mama" destroyed almost half my reef by throwing off all my corals and LR off the cliff... in the event, several corals were damaged :angry: You may want to reconsider whether to introduce the pair into your new tank...

• SRC Member

Nice... didn't know PT has so much details on its body B)

As for you Maroon Clown... beware of the female's aggression... it can cause real destruction to the tank if it gets really crazy... my "Big Mama" destroyed almost half my reef by throwing off all my corals and LR off the cliff... in the event, several corals were damaged :angry: You may want to reconsider whether to introduce the pair into your new tank...

No worries, I have actualy decom the tank last week, when my friend shifted his office.( I use his place for my trail tank)