Jervis' Full Time Job

jervismun

hey when are u inviting mi to ur place man .

need to catch up with u . haha

Bro... we've been chatting almost everyday for the past few weeks... :lol:

Yes... of course I owe you guys something exciting (as promised)... dun worry... that day will come :heh:

Found an old laptop (5 years old) to replace my VAIO... I think this is the most "sane" decision I've made so far :lol::lol::lol:

post-34-1161569646.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok... that 5-year old computer is giving me a bit of problem with the connection... will attempt again tomorrow or Wednesday ;)

Let me introduce... Artica 1/3hp!!! Firing up for the first time... it is so so silent... it's no noisier than a domestic refrigerator... worth every single cent IMO... and that's a lot of cents to count :lol:

View the video and try to distinguish the sound from my background music :)

th_MOV08039.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

The chiller is installed 3ft away from the main tank... the space between is reserved for Phase II... I purposely placed the chiller close to the attic ledge to get optimum air circulation as it will improve the chiller's efficiency especially during weekends :)

post-34-1161610342.jpg

Bross hv u install the super cool Twin Turbo FR? I'm thinking of buying one but will DIY on the piping myself :lol:

Nope... not yet... I am pretty busy these few days... I've arranged Steve to drop by this Thursday to install my TWIN TURBO :lol::lol::lol:

:yeah: remenber to take a 20 min video to feature 'Steve at works'

Yes I will do that... perhaps a 20 sec video :lol:

Here's how "moderate" my surface agitation looks like... well... decently sufficient for the time being... before I add in all my fancy Tunzes of course :lol: One thing to note is my Red Dragon 6,5m3 pump only consumes 65W... that's about $9.00 per month :)

post-34-1161622002.jpg

A view of my external overflow box... I really like the overflow comb... and the dorso been slightly modified to ruduce noise (the hollow sound caused by gushing water) :huh: The right most black wire is actually the Aquatronica temperature probe :)

Everything looks nice and proper... too bad I didn't build the tank... or else I WILL GET ALL THE CREDITS :lol::lol::lol:

post-34-1161622535.jpg

This is a shot I am not particularly happy of... coz the pix revealed the messy sump below... I will start to look at tidying up the sump area once all my equipments are up :)

You see that "DO NOT TOUCH" ball valve? If released... hell breaks loose :evil::evil::evil: It actually allows for a padlock... I think I will get myself some small padlocks to defend against itchy hands :heh: The last thing I want is Mrs. Murphy to pay me a visit :eyebrow:

post-34-1161622837.jpg

A special shot of my bioballs compartment... some bros adviced me to clear them... but I've decided to make good use of them with care... that is to make sure my filter floss is well covered... avoiding wastes and goos reach the bioballs... generally I like the idea of having some extra bacteria cultivating areas :heh:

post-34-1161623226.jpg

• SRC Member
This is a shot I am not particularly happy of... coz the pix revealed the messy sump below... I will start to look at tidying up the sump area once all my equipments are up :)

You see that "DO NOT TOUCH" ball valve? If released... hell breaks loose :evil::evil::evil: It actually allows for a padlock... I think I will get myself some small padlocks to defend against itchy hands :heh: The last thing I want is Mrs. Murphy to pay me a visit :eyebrow:

Your piping works looks cool.... Thumbs up for that...

Main Tank: 5 x 1 x 1

Return from overflow: Eheim compact+ 5000

Lighting: 2x 54W T5

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1350

Chiller: Arctica 1/10

Wave Maker: Tunze Nano Wavebox & Tunze 6055 with Photocell
Monitor 1: American Marine Pinpoint pH monitor
Monitor 2: American Marine Pinpoint Temperature monitor

Aquatonica owners... remember to do an internet update before you do your probe calibrations... there are updates for both the Control Unit and the PC Interface :)

post-34-1161657988.jpg

there's holes for u to lock?

Yupe... but I will reconsider before locking my entire tank system ;)

comb cutting very bad meh?

Well... of course it can be better... but overall I find the workmanship meet my expectations :)

Aquatonica owners... remember to do an internet update before you do your probe calibrations... there are updates for both the Control Unit and the PC Interface  :)

thanks for informing . what do u think that we should create a new thread for this updates?

Humble tank :

Size: 4x2.5x2 ft - Display 

Equipment :

Return 1 : Ecotech marine L1

Return 2 : Ecotech marine M1

CR : Skimz CM122 - Caribsea extra course media with Grotech magnesium

Light : ATI 8x54W

thanks for informing . what do u think that we should create a new thread for this updates?

Bro Chercm, actually the Internet Updating has already covered in the product review, but yes you are welcome to create a new thread since IMO the updating is crucial :)

Well... LR spotted at AM... now dun tell me those are not mine :erm:

post-34-1161867365.jpg

• SRC Member