Jervis' Full Time Job

jervismun

Done some calculation... ok the entire tank (with water and substrate) will weight 575kg!!! :o Excl. sump, refugium (phase II) and LR... well... I hope the concrete slab floor can take the force :nc: I purposely position my tank next to the wall... as these old buildings rely on walls for bearing load (learned during Architecture studies)... safer that way :)

post-34-1156775232.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

touch wood. what if cant stand?

your office and fish tank collapes then how?

Haha... touch wood :nuke::nuke::nuke:

I got a feeling the attic floor will hold as the concrete slab floor (real solid floor) was added during the refurbishment not too long ago. Definitely not the original flooring as old shophouses usually use wooden planks for attics. Actually 600kg is not that much lah (in architecture terms) just imagine a group of 10 slim babes or a group of 5 not-so-slim babes :P

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

Haha... touch wood :nuke::nuke::nuke:

I got a feeling the attic floor will hold as the concrete slab floor (real solid floor) was added during the refurbishment not too long ago. Definitely not the original flooring as old shophouses usually use wooden planks for attics. Actually 600kg is not that much lah (in architecture terms) just imagine a group of 10 slim babes or a group of 5 not-so-slim babes :P

muhahha using slim babes suddenly reduces the idea of 500kg by quite abit lolz :lol:

muhahha using slim babes suddenly reduces the idea of 500kg by quite abit lolz :lol:

See it works... :lol::lol::lol: In my work, I need to make not-so-slim babes look slim, slim babes look slimer... so I'm very good at using them as examples in life :heh::heh::heh: But unfortunately I can't make myself taller... or longer :eyebrow:

• SRC Member
Here's where you can bring 6 cans of Coke to... :lol:

Courtesy of Google Earth (you guys must try it!) :yeah:

you know, i can never get the resolution so clear! i can only get brief layouts of the area..

did you pay for the google earth??

did you pay for the google earth??

Err... you mean I need to pay? I just *print screen* it... so a courtesy line is not sufficient? :pinch: I just installed the programme yesterday :erm:

• SRC Member

Hehe... it is not a new idea... just that I made it into a main highlight of my tank... will let Steve decide on the design since he will also take care of the scaping... so the FLUSH system will be designed according to the LR acquired and the final scaping design... arriving tomorrow btw... I heard extremely large pieces :o

My only input on this is... where I want to place my lovely Tunzes :wub:

:evil: does it involve a metal chain and plastic handle ??

:evil: does it involve a metal chain and plastic handle ??

Unfortunately (or rather fortunately) no! It will be automated :lol:

haha ... really have to see it when its up .. sounds so cool ..

I hope it will work well... I have so much ideas to apply to this tank... :lol:

Found a very cool looking DI water filter today... love it very much! Will get Steve to bring over a set ASAP for immediate installation :lol:

• SRC Member

Jerv, If I want to drop by at your office, do I need to make an appointment first?

How should we comunicate? Intend to drop by when your rock scape is up, CAN?

Or shall I wait till you hold a pre-tank warming party. :eyebrow::eyebrow::eyebrow:

My Reefing Mission:-

To manage the waters and lights with efficient resources, disciplined husbandry and prograsive knowledge.

• SRC Member
touch wood. what if cant stand?

your office and fish tank collapes then how?

Don't worry, my brother got 12 4ft tank at his attics for 6 years. There isn't a single hair line crack. Our Singapore architect are very kiasu one. :D:lol::P:angel:

To manage the waters and lights with efficient resources, disciplined husbandry and prograsive knowledge.

Jerv, If I want to drop by at your office, do I need to make an appointment first?

How should we comunicate? Intend to drop by when your rock scape is up, CAN?

Or shall I wait till you hold a pre-tank warming party. :eyebrow::eyebrow::eyebrow:

Anytime bro, yes need to make an appointment via my Secretary :lol:

Just PM me lah, prefer after office hours and Saturdays (3pm to 6pm). Don't have to wait for the party... anytime bro :)

will be waiting patiently.

Bro Dominik :bow: I will not be able to pass you my hinges as a reefer offered me a used bottle of Omega 99, to be applied to my existing hinges to stop them from rusting. If you want, I can pass you some Omega 99 the next time we meet :)

So sad... my empty tank... :(

post-34-1156842145.jpg

Me and my short arm... something that I've anticipated, tried to avoid... but end up the same ;) No choice I guess... low reachable tank or tall sump cabinet... can't have both <_< Will have to bring a stool soon :lol:

post-34-1156842375.jpg

Now where's my Twin FR :lol: Will be running 2 separate FRs (not parallel) using a Aquabee UP1000 :)

post-34-1156843454.jpg

Should also invest in some long clamps/pincers.. hehehe :D That way, hands dun get wet.

Yeah... will find a long-arm soon... I try not to put my arms inside the tank during office hours :lol: So... NO HERMIT CRABS ALLOWED inside the tank... they are the primary cause for me having to recover fallen corals all the time ;)

• SRC Member

Bro Dominik :bow: I will not be able to pass you my hinges as a reefer offered me a used bottle of Omega 99, to be applied to my existing hinges to stop them from rusting. If you want, I can pass you some Omega 99 the next time we meet :)

it's ok. can go this sat to view your tank?

Current tank

Past tank

• SRC Member
Now where's my Twin FR :lol: Will be running 2 separate FRs (not parallel) using a Aquabee UP1000 :)

there are some reefer who mix both posh and carbon in one FR. Is there a need to have 2 FR?

there are some reefer who mix both posh and carbon in one FR. Is there a need to have 2 FR?

It's better to separate them as they require different water flow and different life span. Having them in separate chambers allow me better control over them in the long run... furthermore I am just using a single pump... so no harm having 2 FRs :)