Jervis' Full Time Job

jervismun

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oops. My mistake. But hor, why flushing and main return same direction?

JC

The Flushing is not like "flush-to-the-drain"... it is a series of PVC pipes with holes to enhance water flow behing rockworks... refer to my previous postings for a pix... the Flushing System is a T-off from the Main Return, so naturally they are going towards the same direction :P

I also have a small T-off with a small sticker saying " <- CR " :lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

:yeah::yeah::yeah: nice foam!! :yeah::yeah::yeah:

That was just the beginning... I believe the Bubble Master can do 5 times better than that when the condition is right :lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

condition is right...

meaning tank crash?

Haha... let me see... how about all the followings:

1) Huge RBTA minced by a Tunze Stream

2) A 1-foot long Sea Cuke chopped by another Tunze Stream

3) 5 Linckia stars melting at the same time

4) Refugium macroalgaes all going sexual

5) Yumas and Rics melting

6) Some large Angels and Tangs turn into floating tempuras

Ok... more or less... total tank crash... 100% loss :lol::lol::lol:

Bro Regal... yes update tomorrow morning... bought 2 packs of Live Sand... will get messy tomorrow... better wear Polo-T to work tomorrow :P

Update... well... my ATI BM... still manage to skim something out of nothing :lol: I think I need to create some sorta mess in the tank if I want to keep my aerobic bacterias happy :nc:

It's amazing how "dummy proof" the BM is... no tuning whatsoever... just connect and enjoy the show :lol:

post-34-1160015156.jpg

Ok... dun think it's as easy as dumping the Live Sand into the DSB chamber... since it is part of the sump... even if I am to off the return pump for hours... there will still be mess all around... I have a plan already... but need time to execute... will try to complete it by tomorrow... stay tune :P

post-34-1160015462.jpg

Bought Tropic Marin Nitrite/Nitrate test kit yesterday...

Despite what other reefers claimed, I find the colour quite easy to read... I like the viewing from top with the colour chart at the bottom... very easy :)

Oh dear... Nitrite is 0.2ppm :huh: Considered high... meaning my Nitrogen Cycle is still at its infancy :erm:

post-34-1160017284.jpg

And according to Tropic Marin... I shouldn't proceed with the Nitrate test as it will not be accurate anyway... so I shall wait for next round :)

That's what I like about TM test kits... they are very informative and professional... not just a piece of photocopied A4 paper with bad translation :lol:

post-34-1160017435.jpg

• SRC Member

Haha... let me see... how about all the followings:

1) Huge RBTA minced by a Tunze Stream

2) A 1-foot long Sea Cuke chopped by another Tunze Stream

3) 5 Linckia stars melting at the same time

4) Refugium macroalgaes all going sexual

5) Yumas and Rics melting

6) Some large Angels and Tangs turn into floating tempuras

Ok... more or less... total tank crash... 100% loss :lol::lol::lol:

Hi Jervis

May i check w you how do you know that the macroalgaes are all going asexual? l have them in my sump too and will be good to learn how to spot the change.

:thanks:

May i check w you how do you know that the macroalgaes are all going asexual? l have them in my sump too and will be good to learn how to spot the change.

Depending on the species... all I know is Caulerpa (Green Grape) will turn white and pale... that's a bad sign :P

Destroyed 2 clear plastic folder... use it to block the DSB chamber :lol: hopefully this will help get things organize a bit :P

post-34-1160035514.jpg

Just pour in... as expected... the mess is being contained within the DSB chamber :lol:

post-34-1160035710.jpg

i only use tropic marine .

their boxes look nice too.

one thing i dun like about salifert is the box haha

very childish right :)

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

Turned off my main pump and skimmer... will let the live sand settle for a while... for another hour... before I knock off <_<

post-34-1160035937.jpg

i only use tropic marine .

their boxes look nice too.

one thing i dun like about salifert is the box haha

very childish right :)

Everything about Salifert looks inferior... I guess they dun have to invest in glass vials and packaging coz their product is well known... despite the cheapo box and paper, Salifert is still no.1 in terms of result :)

The DSB quickly settles before I knock off... not bad :)

post-34-1160046916.jpg

Emm... need to clean the bubble counter sponge soon ;)

post-34-1160046987.jpg

The mess that came with the Live Sand :lol: No problem at all... allow my Bubble Master 5 mins :P

post-34-1160047085.jpg