Jervis' Full Time Job

jervismun

• SRC Member
Bro... I am an impatient man... but no choice... DI water is considered bearable... RO probably take 2 days and end up with 300 gallons of wasted water :lol: Actually it is not hard at all... just let the DI unit run 1 full working day... but the sound of the water splashing was kinda annoying for the entire studio :angry:

Why 300gallons water is wasted if u use RO water? Is the RO water use to age?? :fear:

So your unit is only for DI? not including RO?

I thought some units are combine RO/DI.

Noobie here dun noe anything about it again..! :P

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why 300gallons water is wasted if u use RO water? Is the RO water use to age?? :fear:

So your unit is only for DI? not including RO?

I thought some units are combine RO/DI.

Noobie here dun noe anything about it again..! :P

Hi Lone... yes I promise to help you along the way... so don't feel shy to post me any question (about reefing lah).

A RO filter will have 2 outlets... 1 for cleansed water... 1 for waste water... if I am not wrong, the ratio is 1 part cleansed water : 3 parts of wasted water... so RO is an expensive and slow process... but it's the best! :)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

hey bro did u use that little air pipe looking thingto fill up the tank ? juz curious :lol:

Here's how the filling up looks like... I call it the "young boy peeing effect" :D:D:D

post-34-1158376813.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Back in office... no leak... no disaster :whistle Haha... not that I expect any :lol:

Finally decided on the light fixture... 10 tubes (54W) Dimmable ATI Powermodul... will get it installed soon :)

Have not decided on the tubes combination yet... will spend the next 3 days finalizing that :)

haha multi thousand dollar tank ! :lol:

I know... I've already passed the point-of-no-return :(

most people i knoe thinks that its the live stock that cost the most.. i dont think they would have guess.. even for a real basic tank, the equipments used will cost up to hundreds when total up .. pretty ironic  :(

Hundreds? Bro... you referring to a freshwater planted tank without CO2 set? :lol:

There are different ways of spending money is this hobby... yes some reefers will have a basic setup and spend thousands on exquisite fishes... for me those rare and exquisite LS will come later...

For me, I need to build a strong foundation for the house... use the best building material I can afford... only then can I be confident enough to fill the house with expensive and antique furnitures... sense of security is important to me :D

• SRC Member

muhahaha er.. ok i am a student lar so dont have the "thousands" to spend lolz .. my tank is free.. not the best of grade .. and use very budget equipments lar.. haha yup in the range of hundreds lolz... my mum will diffinately chase me out of the house if the cost of the fish tank hits a thousand :lol:

budget equipments.. budget LS lolz..

muhahaha er.. ok i am a student lar so dont have the "thousands" to spend lolz .. my tank is free.. not the best of grade .. and use very budget equipments lar.. haha yup in the range of hundreds lolz... my mum will diffinately chase me out of the house if the cost of the fish tank hits a thousand :lol:

budget equipments.. budget LS lolz..

Shhhhh :whistle Never tell your loved ones how much your setup costs :D

Updates... fired up the Red Dragon... quiet as expected... and the return is quite "powderful" :lol:

post-34-1158395900.jpg

Also tested the Water Top-up Station... working flawlessly as expected... adjusted the valve to restrict flow a bit :)

post-34-1158396027.jpg

The external overflow box... a bit noisier than I expected (haha too used to IOS)... will work with tank maker to improve this further :peace:

post-34-1158396154.jpg

Time to fill up SALT... Marine Environment Salt... as I've tried 3 other brands before... ME rocks :yeah:

post-34-1158396294.jpg

Placed the salt into the sump tank slowly... almost filled the entire carton... will let it run thru the weekend... and will measure the salinity on Monday :)

Now my job is done... will observe a little longer before calling it a day :nc:

post-34-1158396440.jpg

ARE U USING YOUR COFFEE MUG ?? hahaha ...

Haha... u can recognize it? Haha... my MORNING SKIMMATE MUG :lol::lol::lol:

• SRC Member

Consider the following factors before u ask:

1. The unit used comes with dual reaction chamber.

2. In front of the the dual reaction chamber is a carbon block prefilter.

3. The unit is brand new.

If the unit does not give u 0ppm, then something is very wrong with the unit.

If u ask the question after Jervis run the unit for say 1000L of water, then its more relevant. I hope it makes sense to u. ;)

That is why I ask. Who told you all new DI unit will give zero reading? Your common sense told you? Then I am sure you dont have one. Think before you shoot, plankton!

Hi bro Milky and Sam999... really appreciate your interests in my tank thread... as you can see... I have much more exciting features and equipments to talk about other than the DI Unit... do drop by more often as I will be unveiling a lot of exciting updates in coming weeks :)

Thanks for your cooperation :bow::bow::bow:

• SRC Member

Shhhhh :whistle Never tell your loved ones how much your setup costs :D

Updates... fired up the Red Dragon... quiet as expected... and the return is quite "powderful" :lol:

Totally agreed with you!If wife happen to know how much was the actual amount spent, hahaha . . . . .zzz on floor mat for 1 year!!! My suggestion, don't ever bring her to a fish shop! :lol:

Totally agreed with you!If wife happen to know how much was the actual amount spent, hahaha . . . . .zzz on floor mat for 1 year!!! My suggestion, don't ever bring her to a fish shop! :lol:

Yeah... never ever... EVER... let her know the price of your gadgets... tell her Tunze, ATI, Aquabee all China made... :lol: And fishes are usually between $5 to $20... corals $5 to $25 :lol::lol::lol:

• SRC Member

Yeah... never ever... EVER... let her know the price of your gadgets... tell her Tunze, ATI, Aquabee all China made... :lol: And fishes are usually between $5 to $20... corals $5 to $25 :lol::lol::lol:

This is so familar! ! ! :lol::lol::lol: Guess we gtg to hell and have all our tongue cut. As I always tell my son that if he tells a lie he will get that. Oh god!!!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

This is so familar! ! !  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  Guess we gtg to hell and have all our tongue cut. As I always tell my son that if he tells a lie he will get that. Oh god!!!!!

Haha... I rather go to hell than have to choose between reefing and sleeping on floor mat for the rest of my life :lol::lol::lol: