Jervis' Full Time Job

jervismun

Not forgetting the Auto Feeders :lol: 1 for Pellets (3 times daily in medium portions) and 1 for the flakes (2 times daily in larger portions)... try to use the smaller pieces of flakes... avoid those large pieces as they may clog the outlet :huh:

See the air tube running into the Hydor Flakes Feeder? The air pumped into the feeder chamber will help keep the flakes dry... or else they will turn sticky and block the outlet... genius :bow:

post-34-1193540757.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Place the Auto Feeders as far as possible away from the overflow box :D

For better health to my fish and corals... my trusted caretaker will help feed the prepacked fish food on a daily basis... will share the preparation method later today as I will only prepare it a day before I leave... to keep the frozen fresher :rolleyes:

post-34-1193540941.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Will go back office today and tomorrow to make sure things are properly in place... will share more later tonight :)

Meanwhile... appreciate if reefers can share their Tokyo experience with me... I can't find any LFS info and address on the net  :(  Any noteworthy attractions there (in terms of reefing)  :bow:

I was there earlier this year but before I am getting into Coral reef Tank so I know nuts.

The best in Tokyo is the food, electronics & foods. Lots of nice foods in very nice wrapping. I suggest to go to Hakone by Shinkasen and buy 3 days pass to wander around there and don't forget to eat blacken eggs they claim if you eat 3 it can prolongs your life by 10 years :lol:

Other that that is Disney land & Disney sea. If you want to taste original Japan yakitory, please visit yakitory alley somewhere near shinjuku? (can't remember exactly) mostly small shops jam packed with salaryman after working hours. Don't forget to visit Akihabara, to get accesories for your camera but the lenses are pricier than SG. Enjoy your trip, I was Tokyo only 4 days and I feel it's too short but I completed Osaka, Kyoto, & Hiroshima I still missed tsukiji market since the best time to be there is around 5 am, so need to take the earliest train at 4 am.

Are you on guided tour or on your own? If you are travelling on your own get JR Pass here in Singapore it can't be purchased once you enter Japan.

RED SEA MAX - BLACK, JBJ ARCTICA DBA-075, HYDOR PRIME 30, VORTECH MP10

have a gd trip my dear bro.....haha

Thanks my dear bro... :P

wo wo wo.... so well prepared..

ever ready.

Well... just some of the things I've learned along the way bro... never take things for granted especially when you are to pass the responsibility to take care of the tank to a non-reefer :erm:

But even then... a full tank of SPS without its owner's attention for 2 weeks can be risky... no matter how well prepared... "things" can still happen :pinch:

Anyway... here's how I prepared my fish food... 1 plastic cup per day... frozen mysis, chopped seaweed and Cyclopeeze... mixed with a bit of DI water (or else they will harden within days) <_<

post-34-1193575589.jpg

I will put the plastic cups into the fridge using an egg tray... perfect! :lol: My caretaker will retrieve a cup every morning... mix with a bit of water and pour into the tank :)

post-34-1193576054.jpg

Washed the skimmer cup thoroughly... tune the skimmer to slightly dry so that the cup doesn't fill up so quickly :erm: Anyway Steve is scheduled to visit my office on day 9 to help check things out... and that includes cleaning the cup (I suppose) :lol:

post-34-1193576255.jpg

bro the seaweed where u brought it?

the seaweed is dry 1 right ?

Yes the chopped seaweed is dried and smells really good... try AM... the brand is Aquapharm :)

Here's my last preparation to share...

A large bag of activated carbon :erm:

This is for emergency use... told my caretaker... if can see bodies floating around... or smell coming out of somewhere... dump it into the sump immediately and call for HELP :pinch::pinch::pinch:

Well... that's all for now... btw I'll be visiting Tokyo Motor Show 2007... so you guys can look forward to lots of Angels pix in the coming weeks... not the swimming kind of course :eyebrow:

CYA!!! Good luck my lovely tank :peace:

post-34-1193630231.jpg

• SRC Member

Jervismun, just some of my thoughts....

1) Since your caretake is feeding a cup of the pre-prepare food u make, auto feeder food 1X per day enough 'cos better to feed a little less and create less pollution to the water.

2) although a little ugly, u may consider to use a bigger pail of water topup that last for 2 weeks for the meanwhile

3) Chk and make sure all water parameters are at higher level.... Eg. give KH about 12 and Ca about 450ppm, etc.

Lastly, enjoy your trip. :D

:) Greeting :)

Tank: 4' by 2' by 2' (CR antique)

Sump: 3' include 1' refuigm

Just finish the whole thread in half a day.....Got to say if i am impressed to the max bro. Keep it up.....

Well done bro! 1/2 day to complete my 1 year worth of postings :lol:

Anyway... guys I'm back! A really exciting trip I must say... you guys decide... world's largest fish or world's hottest babes (and cars)? :lol::lol::lol:

• SRC Member

Well done bro! 1/2 day to complete my 1 year worth of postings :lol:

Anyway... guys I'm back! A really exciting trip I must say... you guys decide... world's largest fish or world's hottest babes (and cars)? :lol::lol::lol:

im also one of your tread follower. its like a must to chk tread each time i log into src.

hows the auto feeder performance?my fishes+corals depend alot on my auto feeder due to my job requirements to be away fr home.

ok how about world hottest babes 1st than follow by whatever u hv for us heehee..

hows the auto feeder performance?my fishes+corals depend alot on my auto feeder due to my job requirements to be away fr home.

ok how about world hottest babes 1st than follow by whatever u hv for us heehee..

I will only return to office to check the tank out tomorrow afternoon... but according to my caretaker... no loss of life... I guess that's good news :)

Ok let me rest for a while... then get ready for some really HOT concept cars from the Tokyo Motor Show 2007 :P

I will only return to office to check the tank out tomorrow afternoon... but according to my caretaker... no loss of life... I guess that's good news :)

Ok let me rest for a while... then get ready for some really HOT concept cars from the Tokyo Motor Show 2007 :P

welcome back bro :D

Humble tank :

Size: 4x2.5x2 ft - Display 

Equipment :

Return 1 : Ecotech marine L1

Return 2 : Ecotech marine M1

CR : Skimz CM122 - Caribsea extra course media with Grotech magnesium

Light : ATI 8x54W

Go Kopitiam section to enjoy... dun miss out :lol:

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=64871

Time for an update... 1 week worth of dry skimming... almost full :shock:

post-34-1194836664.jpg

As expected... a tank full of "kiss marks" :lol: 2 weeks never clean the glass... not within my caretaker's scope of work :D

Majority of the SPS are doing fine... just 2 or 3 pieces showing sign of stress... will nurse them back :erm:

post-34-1194836821.jpg

Time for an update... 1 week worth of dry skimming... almost full :shock:

Hi Jervis,

Will such concentration of gunk, here's a sticker that you will need to paste on the skimate cup.

biohazardkn8.th.png

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

Hi Jervis,

Will such concentration of gunk, here's a sticker that you will need to paste on the skimate cup.

biohazardkn8.th.png

Bro Gouldian... what's beyond biohazardous? Nuclear substance? :lol::lol::lol: I don't even dare to smell it... ok I sometimes smell the gunk to make sure the quality :nuke: