Where should place the Elegant Coral ???

Regal

• SRC Member

Elegant Coral should place as high or any place of the tank with light & current ???? :yeah::yeah:

Always saw in the the book they open up fully, and its look so beautiful , so how can I open fully....... :thanks::thanks::thanks:

I place my elegance in a dish fill with sand.

I place the dish high up where I can feed it.

It is in a position with constant flow and good lighting.

Had it for 6 months already.......still show very good expandsion..... no receeding of tissue.

IMO elegance are very sensitive that require good water quality and water temp not exceeding 29C. Not a coral for beginner.

Will try to post a pic later

In the wild, elegance corals are actually found lying on their side in the silt! No kidding!

But I guess it can be placed wedged into LR.

It appreciates gentle current, not too turbulent.

Give it lots of space because not many corals can tolerate its very strong sting!

I place mine on the bottom. Its under a mix of 150/250W MH.

It gets fairtly strong currents and seems to be quite happy. It tends to get feed indirectly from frozen brine shrimp, but seems to open even more a day or so after a direct feeding with prawn.

post-7-1066210567.jpg

Edited by Tanzy

• SRC Member
Elegant Coral should place as high or any place of the tank with light & current ???? :yeah::yeah:

Always saw in the the book they open up fully, and its look so beautiful , so how can I open fully....... :thanks::thanks::thanks:

Your post is sort of self explanatory as usually people place corals high to get more light. Make sure it has good current around it to help prevent infections and lots of light. that's basically it. keeping it on the sandbed or in a dish can help to maintain these requirements.