4ft X 2ft tank stand..

big_ben102000

• SRC Member

hey .. anyone know where to get a stand/cabinat for a 4' X 2' X 2.5' tank ? any shop, person selling, tank maker that charge at a good price.

on a tight budget. :paiseh:

doesnt have to be fancy. a bare iron stand is good enough. as long as it doesnt collapse when the tank is filled with LR, LS and equipments :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member
Go for woods. Metal will rust and u will have a big headache. There are many ppl selling tanks 2nd ma.

haha yea i juz realise after looking at some iron stands... they dont look like that can hold the weight for a long time too :lol: and they cost quite abit as well ..

haha anyone giving up a wood stand cabinate ? solid wood is preferred without any laminates or plastic cover ups.. its ok if its very dirty or unsightly, as long as it is strong enough to handle my 4 feet tank.. the tank is still currently sitting on the floor :lol:

i am a very tight budget though .. i knoe for me being a student isnt a very good reason for asking people to lower their prices, so if u have a stand to let go and price really isnt really a factor for u do pm me :) or if anyone knoes any carpenters that makes stands do let me knoe too.. but i think they will be more exp rite ? :(

thank your for reading

cheers

• SRC Member

WI stands will last long. i been using a second hand one for half a year. and its holding super well. juz make sure you paint it over with a layer of paint before you use it.

and just a thought, being a student means that you shouldnt be too fussy on the stand you use. if you can afford only WI stands, then use WI stands. i am student too, and i only get stuff i can afford.

• SRC Member

eh sorry wat does WI stands for ?

yes i knoe i shouldnt be too fussy of wat kinda stand i am looking for since i am a student.. i have seen some iron stands already, although they are able to withstand the weight, there is still this thought of it collapsing and besides my dad wont allow me to get a iron stand as all the equipment and stuff will be exposed. so you must be thinking, why not as him to get me one.. well i think i am responsible for my own hobby so yea i will get one myself..

i would prefer a cabinate or smth similiar.

i have already found the rest of the equipments and the prices that are able to support my tank, since i can get them slowly i wouldnt be there begging or people to selling me good stuff and rediculous prices. for now i juz need the stand so i can do the pipings and start cycling the tank

i am juz asking whether is anyone giving up ... if not then i will find other ways to solve my problem :)

• SRC Member

Hey Ben,

suggest u get a wooden cabinet la. it reduces the noise escaping also.. the sound from skimmer can be quite a pain if it is not covered..

if u wanna have a feel of the level of sound produce, u can always come by my place. anyway, u just stay nearby...

Main Tank: 5 x 1 x 1

Return from overflow: Eheim compact+ 5000

Lighting: 2x 54W T5

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1350

Chiller: Arctica 1/10

Wave Maker: Tunze Nano Wavebox & Tunze 6055 with Photocell
Monitor 1: American Marine Pinpoint pH monitor
Monitor 2: American Marine Pinpoint Temperature monitor