What is a Tank Crash?

A tank crash, in my definition, is when the biological filtration is suddenly overloaded and no longer able to control a sudden surge of pollutants causing elevated levels of ammonia, nitrite or nitrates to kill everything in the tank.

Pollutants can be a result of overfeeding, overstocking leading to the death and decomposition of a substantial mass of liveforms. It can also be due to poisoning from a natural source or an external one, overheating or overchilling or the sudden drop of oxygen levels in a tank, causing the living biological filtration system to fail.... it can happen when water circulation completely stops.

It's a cascading effect... so it will eventually lead to more deaths... more pollution... until a total 'crash' happens.

• SRC Member

Also means if your baby cousin comes over for visiting and drop a whole bottle of milk into your tank!!! :lol:

More definition, Girlfriend/wife find that you loves you tank more than her and poison your tank in the middle of the night! :evil:

• SRC Member

Tank crash can mean

1. When you are fed up with your tank.. you take a hammer and smash it.

2 .Tank glass crack and flooded your house.

3. That donkey dung get blended by the powerhead thus releasing the toxic and kills everything.

4. You unknowingly add copper medication to your reef tank to solve that Tang itch problem.

5. When you suddenly feel like digging your 2 years old DSB to hide a treasure in it.

6. When you caluerpa decided to go asexual...

• SRC Member
Tank crash can mean

3. That donkey dung get blended by the powerhead thus releasing the toxic and kills everything.

4. You unknowingly add copper medication to your reef tank to solve that Tang itch problem.

5. When you suddenly feel like digging your 2 years old DSB to hide a treasure in it.

:D:lol:

Urm... Wanna insure your tank?!

Call 1800-SAFE-TANK :phone:

if you can't get thru,

Dial 1800-WHO-CARES!! :whistle

:evil:

Tank crash can mean

Eh? should'nt it be sexual? I get confused by ppl saying that caulerpa going asexual is bad..but why is this so? Is'nt sexual reproduction of caulerpa more dangerous?

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• SRC Member

Asexual :biology: without sexual fusion: used to describe reproduction in which there is no fusion of male and female ###### cells (gametes), for example, vegetative reproduction or budding SO it does means that they are getting sexual(eg, Mating, Have S@@, Making L@@@,....) :lol:

:peace: