whitespot and ich

• SRC Member

hi guys, i encounter some white spot ich problem in my tank... alot of my fishes were affected especially my tangs.. i went to a marine fish shop, the uncle told mi to quarrantine them in a doc tank and use medication... i asked him " after curing them and i put them back in the main tank will they get infected by the parasite again ( coz the eggs of the parasite are not clear yet). he say no, coz they will get immue...

any expert to guide mi? wat he say iz true?

:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

Not really effective if system still has ich trace and you used medication to cure fish.

Using medication means less resistance build up.

What you can do to help the fish build resistance and survive is

- Reduce sg level to 1.21 - 1.23 (help the fish to save energy from clearing salt)

- Keep temp cold at 24-26 deg (reduce parsite metabolism and increase oxygen level)

- Keep water clean and stable (less stress to fish)

- have some Cleaner Shrimp to reduce parasite load on the fish body

- run UV sterilizer or Ozone to help reduce parasite load in water.(Important if system has alot of fish as free floating parasite can be alot)

- Have sand cleaners like Black Sea Cucumbers that engulf the sand to disgest organic matter. this help to reduce the ice cysts that go into the sand to multiply.

- feed some garlic soaked food to fish to help feeding and resistance.

Then again if you have no inverts you can nuke the system with copper...