Snowflake EEL

Beagle

• SRC Member

Hey all, got a snowflake eel recently, what do i feed it ah? i feed mysis, feed bloodworm, feed seaweed, but it never eats the food. zzzzz. i read somewhere they eat crabs, does that mean i have to buy crabs all the time to feed it?

i feed mine those dried prawns.

you must target feed. i've read that people hand feed them but i wouldnt suggest it.... mine was pretty blind and he normally just whacked whatever thats near the shrimp. so i used the feeding stick-thingy.

my eel ate anything... i even saw it attack and gobble up my spotted sweet lips. thats y i gave mine away!

it may take the eel a few days to adjust to your tank b4 it starts eating. but they r pretty hardy! good luck with ur snowflake! :)

• SRC Member

you use tong and there got food,of course he will come eat. you use hand try to pat the head, unless he thought your finger is food if not he go there for what? well, unless the fish is very close to you or is unhealthy, if not once they see your hand, all will siam one.

Member of

n34281892381_7606.jpg

• SRC Member

mine feed on market prawn use a black stick n move it near to it.. then when no food i more the stick to him.. he swim to it also .. think the stick is food.. lol

stitched001ov7.jpg

i feed mine those dried prawns.

you must target feed. i've read that people hand feed them but i wouldnt suggest it.... mine was pretty blind and he normally just whacked whatever thats near the shrimp. so i used the feeding stick-thingy.

my eel ate anything... i even saw it attack and gobble up my spotted sweet lips. thats y i gave mine away!

it may take the eel a few days to adjust to your tank b4 it starts eating. but they r pretty hardy! good luck with ur snowflake! :)

Bro, can use the cheapest shrimps from your neighbourhood market. Cut it into pieces in order to allow the smell to be released.

Use a a pair of thongs and hold it in front of its lair. If you're not that patient, stick the shrimp at the end of a think transparent pipe. Those thin ones. The eel will not see anything else except the food then.

Hope this helps! :D