BALI ISLE

Ah-Kent

Hi guys,

I won 2 free air tickets to fly to Bali in a lucky draw. :lol:

Any bros / sis out there been there before can give advice? :thanks:

Preferably the following info and advice:

1) Any travel agencies in Singapore that can help plan entire package?

2) Any place to avoid (e.g. Last Bali bombing at Kuta) ?

3) Which hotel to stay? Want a nice one, dun wan budgeted hotel.

4) was looking at pampering my partner with spa package + good hotel stay.

5) hopefully got coastal areas that can ta-bao livestock back... lol :paiseh:

Any tips / advice / directions appreciated. thanks in advance!

• SRC Member

Hi,

1) Its very easy to plan your own travel to Bali. I did that when I last went. Bali is a very small island and very easy to get around. No point letting the travel agencies earn ur money. You can book accommodations directly quite easily.

2) The island is surrounded by dive sites and the good ones congregate around tulamben area where there is a wreck just off the shore. but i do believe that the whole area is a marine park. In any case, please avoid taking anything from the ocean. Be a responsible reefer/diver.

3) good quality accommodations are aplenty... but very expensive. You'll find most of the 5 star hotel chains located @ jimbaran and nusa dua. i suggest inter-continental and ritz-carlton if $$ is not an issue... you'll definitely be very pampered. Otherwise its also quite easy to find rental properties for short stay that comes with a housekeeper (who also cooks) and driver.

4) definitely easy to find good massage on the island but once again, they can be very expensive.

5) avoid places with caucasians if u dun want to get bombed... just kidding... i think the island is relatively safe (and everything is predestined) but of course, probability of getting bombed is higher in crowded places for obvious reasons.

6) surfing is good on many of the beaches but the most popular one is probably kuta

7) to enjoy the cultural side of bali, ubud is the place to go. you'll find art galleries and museums here

8) please bargain, otherwise you WILL be ripped off...

• SRC Member
Hi,

1) Its very easy to plan your own travel to Bali. I did that when I last went. Bali is a very small island and very easy to get around. No point letting the travel agencies earn ur money. You can book accommodations directly quite easily.

2) The island is surrounded by dive sites and the good ones congregate around tulamben area where there is a wreck just off the shore. but i do believe that the whole area is a marine park. In any case, please avoid taking anything from the ocean. Be a responsible reefer/diver.

3) good quality accommodations are aplenty... but very expensive. You'll find most of the 5 star hotel chains located @ jimbaran and nusa dua. i suggest inter-continental and ritz-carlton if $$ is not an issue... you'll definitely be very pampered. Otherwise its also quite easy to find rental properties for short stay that comes with a housekeeper (who also cooks) and driver.

4) definitely easy to find good massage on the island but once again, they can be very expensive.

5) avoid places with caucasians if u dun want to get bombed... just kidding... i think the island is relatively safe (and everything is predestined) but of course, probability of getting bombed is higher in crowded places for obvious reasons.

6) surfing is good on many of the beaches but the most popular one is probably kuta

7) to enjoy the cultural side of bali, ubud is the place to go. you'll find art galleries and museums here

8) please bargain, otherwise you WILL be ripped off...

ya agree with him must be responsible and not to take and corals or fish haha

Hi guys,

I won 2 free air tickets to fly to Bali in a lucky draw. :lol:

Any bros / sis out there been there before can give advice? :thanks:

Preferably the following info and advice:

3) Which hotel to stay? Want a nice one, dun wan budgeted hotel.

Any tips / advice / directions appreciated. thanks in advance!

Go stay at those villas with private pool and garden. With sea view or mountain view. They will treat you like king but prepare to pay ALOT MORE.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I met with some unexpected event and I am unable to go to Bali.

I want to sell off this 2 air tickets to any interested Bros; bring your wife or girlfriend to enjoy some romantic time!

Details:

-) 2 Return-Air Tickets

-) Singapore Airlines Flight; Economy Class

-) For Off-peak period only; if peak period (e.g. Dec holidays) have to pay travel agency a little peak period surcharge.

-) Booking 2 tickets from Singapore Airlines website amounts to approx $540 (excluding airport tax).

Now letting go of these 2 tickets at a only $400 for SQ flight!

Pls pm me if interested. Price negotiable.