Best Place to placed Chiller

yongwil

• SRC Member

Hi bro

I'm intend to put place the fish tank at the dining area which is not near the window. How do solve the hot air blow out from the chiller? :(

It is possible to place it near the window that is about 10 metre from the fish tank?

Pls provide your comments. :rolleyes:

Thank

Hi, you can't stop a chiller from producing hot air. It sld be kept in a well ventilated place.

To answer ur qn, u can place the chiller 10000 miles away as long as u have a pump powerful enuff to pump the water back. Other than the unsightly pipings, 10m is alright.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

Actualy you don't really have to create all the trouble to move the chiller to somewhere near the window, the piping is unsighty and there will be higher chances of leakage if there is any thing happen to your pipping. Just put it beside your tank will do. But just don't put it like somewhere in the cabinate or something, they will spoilt easily. As long as there are enough gaps for the hot air to move away, and beside the chiller there is nothing that create high heat, then it should be ok. If you are afraid it will rise your house room temp, don't worry, it won't. :lol:

• SRC Member

i placed my tank near a window, and then mounted the chiller on the wall, with the heat exhaust close to a window. since the curtains cover the chiller, most of the heat is vented out.

this is an older pic of my tank. now there a curtain covering the chiller with the windows opened. freakin chiller super warm man......damn near cooked my family

post-7-1161250257.jpg

bros normally chiller manufacturers recommend that the pipe should be no more than 8metres.heat will also be gained by using longer pipes.cheers.

Agree, try not to move the chiller too far away from the tank. A more powerful pump is needed and that comes with higher price and power consumption... and most crucially the larger pump will release more heat back into the system.

Remember, hot air rises...

Je®vis

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica