LFS...

Hi,

I am relocating to Singapore in March and was hoping that you might be able to recommend the best place to buy reef ready aquariums and cabinets.

Could you also recommend some LFS where I could find aquarium supplies as well as live rock, substrate, corals and fish.

Thanks,

Alex

• SRC Member

Aquarium Irwana have got very good prices for fishes and corals.. but at the end of the day... prices is not everything.. as you need to look at the state of the fish that you are getting.. my first couple of fishes from them, died.. but I was takin a chance because of the state that they were in.. my second batch of purchase from them were ok.. so its alot of discernment required.

Then again, its probably true for any LFS.. :D

Pasir Ris Farmway 2, for your live purchases.. and Clementi 328 for your equipment and supplies.

• SRC Member

Hi there bro alexandre,

do check out this sub-forum within this site:

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showforum=52

the link above is to the LFS directory locally, and will give you the addresses as well as some casual info about most of the local LFS.

id recommend visiting coralfarm for your fish, as they are MAC (marine aquarium council) certified, meaning that all fish are certified hand caught, and offer extremely healthy livestock. its a large set up, so its quite an experience to check out too, though youd have to take a cab there as its quite far out. (they are at lim chu kang lane 6f). sealife, along balestier road is another great place for fish.

for corals, visit the variety of LFS at pasir ris farmway 2, which includes Irwana, Ah Beng, Ericson Pet Farm, Ah Beng, I-Aquarium, etc.

For supplies, do visit Reef Depot at Sin Ming Ave, Aquamarin at Jalan Kayu and Henry at Hong Leong Shopping Centre. Reef Depot carries top notch equipment, such as the Deltec range of show tanks and equipment, and lots of other good stuff. Aquamarin carries Hydor and ATi equipment, whilst Henry carries the Schuran skimmers, ATi, and is a good place to find interesting shrimps and gobies.

cheers,

ian

• SRC Member

might want to check out Aquamarine (at Jalan Kayu) for a complete & customised set. tank/cabinet/equipt/livestock......

just chat with janet/steve. see whether they have something that meet your reqt.

i'm only a customer not related to the shop/owners in any way whatsoever.

cheers. :eyeblur: