Surface skimmer attachment for Prizm

Fishfreak

Thanks

Gotta have a word with those two LFS that told me its not available in Singapore.

Anyway, I also found out that attachment won't work on my first generation Prizm - so back to scooping water out from the top twice a week ....

lightningstrike Posted on Nov 3 2003, 05:55 PM

i've juz bought a prizm skimmer..... but dun hv any idea what the skimmer attachment is or filter bag is???? kindly enlighten me..... 

LS, see here: Prizm attachments

If yours isn't equipped with this or you cannot fit it as an accessory, then you need to figure out a way to remove the top level water where all the gunk collects.

FF

• SRC Member

Either bug Qian Hu / Yi Hu, the local distributor for Red Sea Fish products, or purchase through online oversea stores, the official Red Sea Fish Prizm Upgrade Kit. This kit consists of the Surface Skimmer as well as a replacement U-tube (the intake tube) for those first generation Prizm Protein Skimmers.

• SRC Member

I know PetMart has it, bcos my colleague has bought it from them. Seen it at Harlequin too.

From my colleague, there is one major problem for the surface skimmer attachment: though it is adjustable, it is not free moving. Which means that if your water level fluctuates due to evaporation, it will not be a good buy.

The media bag is another attachment althogether, mainly for putting chemical absorbing mediums, especially useful if you are using an ozonizer.

These attachments are not cheap either. Just to let you know so as to set your expectations rite.