pl light

• SRC Member
How much will a 55W 10000k Pl light tube cost?

dunno bout 10000K PL light... but normal ones like the CR aquarium brand shld cost ard $40?

if u r looking for betta brand PL like coralife....

tink for the price, it's betta to get T5s.... betta intensity n lesser power consumption :)

• SRC Member
Does pl tube comes in different length or just a standard length?

Diff lengths = diff watts

beside eAqua nature where can i get a better t5

u mean betta price/brand?

IMO, price is reasonable n brand is gd.... free delivery somemore.... :)

well, if u realli wan to comparisons.... WC do carry them as well n ML carries deltec T5s... :)

• SRC Member

I have the same tank size for my clownfishes / anemones. I was using a 2 (one 10k Aqualux & one JBJ Blue Actinic) x 36W PL light set, and this was not enough as my anemones bleached and died eventually. AT & Morgan saw my tank and strongly recommended to up my light, so I replaced the JBJ Blue Actinic with another 10k Aqualux tube (that is, my PL light set has two 10k 36W Aqualux tube). Also, I added a 2ft Ocean Free FL light set using a Arcardia Blue Actinic FL tube (I would go for a set with 2 x FL tubes but I have space constraint). In addition, the lights come on for about 14 hours a day.

Now, my bubble-tip anemones have very nice bubble-tips and the tentacles are dark brown showing abundance of zooxanthele algaes. One word (or several words) of advice if you are keeping anemones: (1) cover all intakes with sponge or foam to prevent anemones from ###### into the intakes and possibly crashing your tank, (2) don't keep other fishes other than clownfishes if you have a carpet anemone - they won't last long as they become fast food for carpets.