southpaw23's reef

southpaw23

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have such a nice stand for your aircon compressor? :bow::bow::bow: For a while there I thought it's your tank cabinet :P

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member
You have such a nice stand for your aircon compressor? :bow::bow::bow: For a while there I thought it's your tank cabinet :P

haha...yeah...didn't wanna have the unsightly compressor just sittin out there in the balcony.

the dang stand cost me a few hundred bucks just cos it's made out of marine ply :cry:

Tank 66"x27"x28" - Return Pump Red Dragon 12m3 - Skimmer Deltec AP701 - Chiller Starmex - Wavemakers Wavysea - Lighting DE 6 x T5-HO

southpaw23's reef

• SRC Member

Here's something you don't see very often. I had a custom made acrylic tray build to be placed in my stand. This way the sump and all the equipment would sit inside the tray and allow for containment of any undesired leaks.

At one end of the tray, i've drilled a hole and connected a drain piping that leads all the way out to the balcony :)

post-34-1185289722.jpg

Tank 66"x27"x28" - Return Pump Red Dragon 12m3 - Skimmer Deltec AP701 - Chiller Starmex - Wavemakers Wavysea - Lighting DE 6 x T5-HO

southpaw23's reef

• SRC Member
another sperb tank with :eyebrow::bow: equipments.... Did u do all the connections of all equipments urself ? Great follow up thread :D

Thanks for the compliment but like someone once said...fancy equipment doesnt make a great tank...it remains to be seen how my tank would turn out. Think i just enjoy the planning..haha :P

As for the connections...nah...my tank maker gets the credit for that...but i did have a hand in the planning and contributed lotsa ideas :D

southpaw23's reef

• SRC Member

note the two black flexible hosing, one is hooked up to the waterchange and sump overflow, while the other is connected to the acrylic tray.

post-34-1185290716.jpg

southpaw23's reef