lettuce slug

Kojek

• SRC Member

Neber tried but it is just there as hitchhiker.

They need lots of long green algae to munch on and appears very green with the color of the algae.

They eats so much of my turtle weeds that it goes botak... after the slug goes skinny and will perish...

Equipment:

30G Corner Tank with 10G Sump, 2 x 24W artinic T5, 1 x 24W 10K, 1x 24W 20K, 3" Grade 0 sand & Live rocks, Activated Carbon, Bio-home, 2 x Seio M620, Hailea 1/2HP Chiller, Redsea Pro Skimmer

Live Stock:

Turbo Snail x 1, Green Mandarin Dragonet X 2, Blue Tang X 2, True percular x 2, 1 x Algae Bleenie, Clarke clown x 2

Reef:

1 x 2" Blue maxima, Red/Brown/Purple Mushroom (Discosoma), Pink Ricordea yuma, A little colony Brown/Green common Zoanthus, Red/Pink/Green US Zoanthus, Eagle-eye Zoathus, 14 Branch Goniopora Pandoraensis, 1 Starburst Polyps, 3 + 2 Branch Frogspawn, 4 Blasto, palythoa, Cheato

RIPs (Since June 2005):

1. Sabae clown (KO by Clarke clown) 2. 1 branch melted frogspawn 4 branch 3. Golden maxima (Ripe the base off rock by me) 4. Algae Bleenie x 2 (Starvation) 5. Blue Maxima x 1, 2 x Maxima, 1 x frogspawn, rics (Overtemp...)

Old 30G Corner Tank.

Restarted 30G Corner Tank.

• SRC Member

LETTUCE SLUG...

Slug is one of the hardest to keep species due to unknown of their diet. Slugs have their own particular diet. Some feed on sponges, some feed on algae and the rest feed on sea pens, bryozoans, hydroids, sea squirts and soft corals.

There are too many species of slugs available in the ocean. Nevertheless, they are there as part of the ecosystem. Each of them has a part to play in this system.

Slugs or Nudibranchs. They are really beautiful and colorful. Even that they look like a worm, but are actually as beautiful as butterfly. Some of the people out there claimed that when slugs died, they would release poison and pollute the tank.

It's true to a certain extent because it did pollute the tank. But it's not the venom that pollute the tank.

There are too much kind of slugs and each species has its own characteristic and nature.

LETTUCE SLUG belongs to the family of Elysiidae.

There are a lot of types of lettuce slugs.

The one you saw in the market most likely is the Tridachia crispata.

They are in fact effective algae grazers. Often being included in the cleaner group.

In fact, lettuce slug will eat the algae and convert the chloroplasts into its own cells.

Using them, they can make use of light to provide energy for them. Some said that the algae it grazed on determine the color of the lettuce slug. Isn’t it amazing?

Working side by side with your snails and starfishes, they work as a team of cleaners. :>

The only known predator for lettuce slug is the POWERHEAD.

I have experiences with many slugs before.

Right now I am not having any problem with my Glossodoris atromarginata.

It consumes sponges and had been there for half a year.

Even if u cover the powerhead’s inlet, the stupid slug still will get suck in it because it’s just dumb. Nono…because it’s of the way they swim. They will make use of the current to bring them around the tank. And it often brings them to their death.

. X-Nature . Something Xtravagant for everyone .

links:
our website: http://www.xnature.net.tc
sgreef forum: http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showforum=83

Providing premium delicacies for marine fishes and corals.