Crab Attack!

Ahku

Hi, i'm new to marine tank.

Any idea how to DIY a trap to catch crab and mantis? <_< I suspect they're the one attacking my small fish. I can see them lurk around the LR but unable to catch them. My five goby went mssing over 2 weeks... can't even find the dead body.. Thank you.

• SRC Member

tazperlin nosehawk fish will it kill my prwan den killing the crab!

my rock i can't take it out... my tank is 2.5 feet tall... lol..

• 1 year later...
  • SRC Member
Help All My Small Fishes Has Been Killed.. any idea to kill a crab?

Hi Ahku,

Below is my DIY crap trap. It may take a couple of days if crabbie is spooked during initial attempt to reach the bait. So a little patience is required. Glad to report that my tank is now crab free.

Things you need: A glass medicine bottle (with opening big enough for the crab to enter), a piece of stone, a rubber band, and a small piece of bait(I use a small part of market prawn head)

Step 1: Secure the bait to the stone with the rubber band. This need to be small enough to fit thru' the bottle opening.

Step 2: Fill the bottle with tank water & slowly lower onto a predetermined spot on the LR or sand bed near to where your crab hides.

Important: Bottle needs to be tilted so that crab cannot climb out after entering the bottle.

Below is my rough sketch. Hope it helps.

2855166268_a98c414b9a_o.jpg