Jervis' 6th Tank

jervismun

Have you tried keeping Seahorse before?  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Have you tried keeping Seahorse before?

• Yes, a success!
    • Yes, but not a very good experience
    • No

really need to let us know the wonder of artica nano =)

i thought u will get the 1/10 at least

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

really need to let us know the wonder of artica nano =)

i thought u will get the 1/10 at least

Well... after detecting 33ºC (in other words the amount of heat the pumps generate)... I will probably go for a larger chiller... good news though :) Just happen that there's a piece of used Mini Arctica 1/15 lying around at Aquamarine, I brought it back... will give it a try... and let you guys know the result... then I can decide to stick to a 1/15 or upgrade to a 1/10 :)

Perfect plan!

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Futher update... my signature... MARKET PRAWN :lol::lol::lol:

Since I am not using live sand this time round... a bit of rotting meat will help fuel the bacteria colonization process :)

post-34-1184082713.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Just picked a nice piece... but the stench was so unbearable after a couple of hours (probably due to the high temperature and high flow area)... I removed it from the tank :sick::sick::sick:

post-34-1184082803.jpg

CF rock ?

:)

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

CF rock ?

:)

Still considering bro... probably going for artificial rocks too :nc:

power ..ah bro chantek sakali

Thanks bro... but to be a successful tank... it must be beyond looking good... seems like I am slowly discovering its limitations... read next posting :)

When I went into my office this morning... this is what I discovered!!! Totally shocked by it :shock:

post-34-1184149236.jpg

What happen was... the water level at the back compartment fell by a few centimetres... all becoz of a clogged sponge :o That sponge (provided by Red Sea) is still quite clean :o I discarded that useless piece of sponge right away :angry:

The blackness you see is mainly from the activated carbon (provided by Red Sea) <_<

post-34-1184149631.jpg

As a result I got water spray all over the hood... luckily the lighting area is sealed tight :o Or else... power trip for sure :pinch:

So those who bought or thinking of getting the RSM... remember to discard the white sponge :)

post-34-1184149929.jpg

replace the white sponge with the german blue sponge.

will it be better?

Yeah I will do that :) So smart B)

Here's the Mini Arctica 1/15 hp (on loan)... it's so tiny standing next to my Ikea stool :lol:

post-34-1184160752.jpg

I quickly ran the Mini Arctica (without water)... and it's really quiet... as expected actually :P

th_110706.jpg

Still considering bro... probably going for artificial rocks too :nc:

GO has a new shipment of artificial rock =)

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

GO has a new shipment of artificial rock =)

Will only arrive Friday :P

Will only arrive Friday :P

2 days only :D

go go go ...

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Will start to test water using the complete test kit (comes with the starter kit) once I introduce the rocks :)

post-34-1184170087.jpg

Will start to test water using the complete test kit (comes with the starter kit) once I introduce the rocks :)

seem like the RSM really provide all in 1 solution for the seahorses.

come to think about it , the CF tonga might be a better option for the seahorses =)

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

come to think about it , the CF tonga might be a better option for the seahorses =)

Yupe... or perhaps artificial tonga branches :lol::lol::lol:

Yupe... or perhaps artificial tonga branches :lol::lol::lol:

yup .. it really depend ... Sham's rocks are really nicely scaped.

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

yup .. it really depend ... Sham's rocks are really nicely scaped.

Ok... all done... bought the rocks this morning :D:D:D Will update tonight :)

Ok... all done... bought the rocks this morning :D:D:D Will update tonight :)

more pic more pic... the CF rocks never fail to impress me =)

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Skimz  ; NP biopellets