Jervis' 6th Tank

jervismun

Have you tried keeping Seahorse before?  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Have you tried keeping Seahorse before?

• Yes, a success!
    • Yes, but not a very good experience
    • No

The acrylic cover is fastened by 8 plastic screws (corrosion free) and the cover is basically water proof... look at the detailing :bow:

post-34-1183901500.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

woot.. another project.. this tank is nice.. plug and play also..

Yes bro... can someone teach me how to stop please :lol::lol::lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Quite bright... nice colouration too :o

post-34-1183901763.jpg

Bro, this system will not be linked to your main tank?

The substrate looks good, wonder if any lfs sells them separately :lol:

Nope this will be a separate system with slightly lower Sg than my main tank... as for the substrate... not too sure bro :unsure:

Lighting control... with built-in timer... nicely hidden on the right corner of the hood (with plastic cover)

post-34-1183902729.jpg

Warm air from the power compacts and electronic ballasts is discharged from the air vents on the sides using a built-in fan :)

post-34-1183902866.jpg

Moonlight LED :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

post-34-1183903066.jpg

wow bro new tank again :eyebrow: u r really no horse run :lol:

Hehe... :heh:

To speed the ANN cycling process... I filled the tank 5/6 full with water from my main tank :D I top up the remaining using DI water to lower the Sg to 1.023 :)

LET THERE BE WATER!!!

post-34-1183905419.jpg

Part of Starter Kit... dosed the recommended dosage to culitivate the sand bed :)

post-34-1183907525.jpg

wowwww bro, big project

Actually it's a tiny project :D:D:D

wowwww bro, big project

i guess is a very small project haha for him at least ....

and enjoying most of it i think ...

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

i guess is a very small project haha for him at least ....

and enjoying most of it i think ...

Yes bro Hammy... trying to enjoy the beginning part of the setup... we usually rush it through unfortunately ;)

The Red Sea Max features a 4-stage filtration system :)

1) Protein Skimmer (which I will feature shortly)

2) Mechanical Filtration – in the form of 2 types of sponges (coarse and fine)

3) Activated Carbon - to remove DOCs

4) Biological Media - (shown below) ceramic bio-media providing enormous surface are of 420m2/l for nitrifying bacteria colonization

The ceramic rings were neatly sealed within a filter bag... I've decided to use them as I plan to reduce the amount of LR used in this setup :)

post-34-1183956044.jpg

Let's take a look at the skimmer shall we?

First of all... I am very impressed (and glad) to discover that the skimmer pump was manufactured by Hydor Italy. At least RSM is not giving me China pumps throughout :lol:

post-34-1183956758.jpg

In case you guys think RSM comes with a lousy skimmer... think again :D

Extracted from RSM website:

Q: Is the skimmer used in the MAX a Prizm?

A: The MAX Turbo Skimmer is based on the effective convergent-divergent technology reaction chamber developed for the Prizm / Prizm Pro skimmers, but here it is employed in a completely new way.

The MAX Turbo Skimmer is designed to operate as an “in-aquarium†skimmer only. The skimmer pump, featuring a new air injecting impellor design, is dedicated to the job of mixing the air and water inside the skimmer - and not pushing water through the skimmer. The skimmer pump inlet is located underneath the skimmer, so it’s constantly ###### in a mixture of new water flowing through the complete filter section and recycled water that has just exited the skimmer. The air / water ratio is such that the skimming effect is far superior to that achieved by the Prizm Pro. The pump cycles the complete volume of aquarium water 3.8 times per hour through the skimmer. It is guaranteed to work, trouble-free.

For the sake of comparison, the Prizm Pro is designed as a hang-on skimmer with a single pump that must perform the dual functions of pushing water through the skimmer and injecting the air into the system. The rating of the Prizm Pro is for cycling the aquarium water once every 2 hours, which in reality is no longer in line with our current awareness and philosophy on the role of skimming in a reef aquarium.

And the chamber is 20" tall :D Not bad for a nano tank :P

All for 28W :)

I think the skimmer + Hydor pump should've costed $300 by itself :eyebrow:

post-34-1183957296.jpg

The collection cup is not small at all... able to hold 1.5L... probably can last a week of semi-wet skimming (depending on stocking of course) :)

The skimmer body holds 3.8L btw :nc:

post-34-1183957466.jpg

I fired it up yesterday... extremely quiet... lovely :eyebrow:

The plastics used are slightly tinted black... probably will not be able to see skimmate that clearly :unsure:

Will talk about the return pumps and SAFETY later :fear:

post-34-1183957675.jpg

I am wondering if Mini Arctica will be able to keep the tank temperature down effectively... The tank capacity is already close to chiller max capacity... Plus the heat from the light, have used the 55w before, it is hot..

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp