6FTS FOWLR DREAMLINER

MAG

• SRC Member
Hi Bro....

Nice meeting you, nice & big tank you have.

See when free gonna visit you again, may be can go farm together one day.

After viewing yr tank setup, i hope new house, my minister or finance controller allow me to have a marine tank at home.

well joe im sure our minister will support as long as we pay attention to them but not fishes all the time. eg for me usually ill do all my fishy stuff duri day time on week days. wk end and nite for family.

nice mtgi you too and sure it will be nice to chiong farm but got to tumpang your car cos i dont drive.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member
Wonderful Setup bro, Catch up again.

Will post my tank maing process next week after the tank maker come over to fix some cracks in the IOS

ill be waiting to see your set up ok. i still have your no. maybe can meet up to view tanks.

• SRC Member
Wow, nice setup. :lol:

Care to share how you keep the temp down. Chiller or fan? :D

hi teo.. well beside jervis tread i also went thru all your posting in members tread. in fact i like your sump design very much.

at the moment im not using any chiller but there is a standby box(refer to earlier pic) for future plan.

told steve to install exhaust fan at the two big hole(will hv tinted glass plate to cover it)

my place is quite windy so hopefully when got no guest ill open up the cabinet door.

my main concern is pub bill..

well shall see how it goes later stage.

• SRC Member

Hey MAG,

Just got around to checkin out ur thread. Nice job with the pics and postings. And great choice with the skimmer. That should serve you well even for the next upgrade... ;)

Got a question on the vent holes tho. If you're installing a fan and covering the outside with tinted glass, doesnt the glass greatly restrict the airflow out? From what i can see, i understand that the glass will sit a few inches away from the cabinet which leaves the sides open, just wondering if that small space at the side will be sufficient to ventilate the heat out.

I gotta admit tho, aesthetically it'll probably look quite nice. Keep the updates comin.

Tank 66"x27"x28" - Return Pump Red Dragon 12m3 - Skimmer Deltec AP701 - Chiller Starmex - Wavemakers Wavysea - Lighting DE 6 x T5-HO

southpaw23's reef

• SRC Member
care to share what return pump you're using?

the flow in your sump seems quite turbulent.

hi royal gramma.

well im using aquabee 7000 for the main return(the heart of the tank) and aquabee 2000 for the skimmer.

still need to do abit of adjustmant cos still got lots of micro bubbles to the main tank.

my tank maker told me to let the system kick in and cycle 1st and see what to do next..well just follow law...heehee

• SRC Member
hiz there, nice tank in the making. u are really kiasu man by placing 2 UV, that makes 72W in total but im sure ur fishes and water condition will surely benefit from it.

i felt u should lower ur water level in ur sump to around the top of ur black sponge or below the comb area. this will help reduce tinny bubbles from entering ur main tank thru ur returns. On top of that, wrap the outlet of the skimmer with 1 or 2 filter bags, it will greatly reduce the tiny bubbles and water splash.

hi law.. well someone did suggested about the water level.will take note on that. shall let tank cycle longer 1st. thx for sharing.

• SRC Member

carpenter at work again to finalise the work. glass plate to cover up the hole and told uncle to drill more holes at the bottom part for more ventilation.

post-34-1186372182.jpg

• SRC Member
hi royal gramma.

well im using aquabee 7000 for the main return(the heart of the tank) and aquabee 2000 for the skimmer.

still need to do abit of adjustmant cos still got lots of micro bubbles to the main tank.

my tank maker told me to let the system kick in and cycle 1st and see what to do next..well just follow law...heehee

IMO, the problem with your microbubbles lie in the design of the sump. You are returning the skimmer directly into the baffle before the return compartment and i don't believe the black mesh can completely prevent the microbubbles from the skimmer from reaching the last compartment.

Perhaps when the skimmer is fully kicked in, the amount of microbubbles exiting the skimmer will reduce and should help your situation out. But if not, you might want to consider extending your skimmer return piping all the way to the first compartment where your overflow piping enters the sump. That way you will have way more room for the microbubbles to dissapate before hitting your last section.

From the look of the design, this may not be possible so the other alternative is to extend the skimmer return pipe to further to the left and have it exit rignt next to the first compartment. That should give the microbubbles some time to surface before hitting the black mesh and hopefully the mesh will take care of any remaining microbubbles.

My two cents... :)

Tank 66"x27"x28" - Return Pump Red Dragon 12m3 - Skimmer Deltec AP701 - Chiller Starmex - Wavemakers Wavysea - Lighting DE 6 x T5-HO

southpaw23's reef

• SRC Member

IMO, the problem with your microbubbles lie in the design of the sump. You are returning the skimmer directly into the baffle before the return compartment and i don't believe the black mesh can completely prevent the microbubbles from the skimmer from reaching the last compartment.

Perhaps when the skimmer is fully kicked in, the amount of microbubbles exiting the skimmer will reduce and should help your situation out. But if not, you might want to consider extending your skimmer return piping all the way to the first compartment where your overflow piping enters the sump. That way you will have way more room for the microbubbles to dissapate before hitting your last section.

From the look of the design, this may not be possible so the other alternative is to extend the skimmer return pipe to further to the left and have it exit rignt next to the first compartment. That should give the microbubbles some time to surface before hitting the black mesh and hopefully the mesh will take care of any remaining microbubbles.

My two cents... :)

hi thx for the suggestion. like what my tank maker suggested let the tank cycle longer and see how it goes...your suggestion is one option..thx

• SRC Member

Someone asked me about the polar distilled h20- ok

5gallons=19liters=$8 + 7%gst=$8.56

minimun order/delivery=3bottles

must put in 1time deposit $50 and refundable once we return bottle.

delivery charges akready included in the bottle.

they just delivered this morning 3bottles.

so i paid $8.56 x 3 + $50=$75.68

reason why i prefer to use distilled h20 is easier compare to collecting di h20 with the media. furthermore the equipment(sorry cant remember the name) need to chg media after awhile.

so buy h20 is the easiest and not too expensive.

post-34-1186375762.jpg

• SRC Member
but bcareful of the filter bag on the outlet.. once choke skimmer might overflow. :)

hi bro yah noted on that too.its temporary. hope once tank cycle longer micro bubbly not too bad. will remove the filter bag...