My 2nd Learning Tank Journey (RSM)

thedidavid

• SRC Member

Wow welcome back.So did u lost ur nice prata???

girlone.png

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

oh good for u.expensive stuffs.

girlone.png

okay! time to upgrade. haha

Give him a break :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

:whistle if I wanted to upgrade I will done it 2 weeks ago liao.......

I still like RSM look and it's still perfect for my living room.

Yes once you start to custom a larger tank... things will get a lot messier... any latest FTS :)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

Ya any latest FTS???

girlone.png

hi bro david...

currently im oso running a RSM... jus wondering is the 2 x 55watt PL light sufficient for softies and LPS? and wat is the life span of the bulbs?

Based on my short 4 months plus experience before the tank broke, the light is definitely enough for SPS and Clams. Tried to keep SPS also but I put right t the top about 2 cm from water surface it's seems okay.....tried to put more SPS then the tank broke.

I always home late these couple days, I will take FTS if the main light still on (off at 19:30)........and it just 2 days after I put back my LS, with the loses, I felt that my tank is so empty now.

RED SEA MAX - BLACK, JBJ ARCTICA DBA-075, HYDOR PRIME 30, VORTECH MP10

Any update?

Any update?

Sorry for delay was very busy for past 3 days...here is the FTS, my clams still sick and one prata still sick due insuffient light for almost 2 weeks. Added 2 corals 1 SPS and one open brain that the shape look like cow's dung.

post-10642-1201336970.jpg

post-10642-1201337057.jpg

• SRC Member

May i noe whr is the SPS???

girlone.png

I notice when u take ur FTS... all your fish look as if they are corals growing out of rocks... :ph34r:

Some close up shoots of my coral using Sony's 100 mm Macro. The prata is bit bleached due to lack of light in holding tank last time, based on my last experience it will take 3-4 months to get the color back. The luminous candy cane that I had been frag couple time....

post-10642-1202219655.jpg

post-10642-1202219739.jpg

post-10642-1202219783.jpg

post-10642-1202219852.jpg

• SRC Member

If there is anymore candy cane frag mind selling???

girlone.png

hey bro david... do u have any problem with the micro bubbles on RSM? i am facing this problem now, do u have any solution to this?

Yes this is common problem with RSM, the way I reduce it is by turning the air inlet only 1/2 turn from completely off position and wait until the micro bubble gone then I open another 1/2 turn and so on. The micro bubble only gone if your tank is stocked with LS.....once it's fully stocked I never encounter micro bubble again only when I feed with the cyclopeeze the problem come up but it gone after 1/2 hour.

• 2 weeks later...