Propagation tank

ryanlio

Hi bro,

First class DIY skills! :o Question, how did you laminate the sides of all the plywood? They are only 3/4 inch thick ply right? Do you have the cutting tools? Powered or non powered?

Did you cut the 4'x8' laminate all by yourself? :yeah:

Finally, really impressive setup. :bow: Should also keep a reef tank don't you think? It is rare that any "reefer" is only keeping a propagation tank.

BTW, can pm me the contact of your tank maker and the location of the plumbing shop? Thanks and will be following your thread! :thanks:

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
Meanwhile, gotten this Safety RCD Adaptor for added protection against electrical mishaps...

Supposed to cut off power supply if earth current fault detected. It will shut off within 40 milliseconds -> fast enough to prevent fetal electrical shock (sounds like a free perm..) :lol::lol::lol:

where should u put this Safety RCD Adaptor for added protection against electrical mishaps?

and where did u got it bro.... and how much?

Pm the price...thanks

• SRC Member
Hi bro,

First class DIY skills! :o Question, how did you laminate the sides of all the plywood? They are only 3/4 inch thick ply right? Do you have the cutting tools? Powered or non powered?

Did you cut the 4'x8' laminate all by yourself? :yeah:

Finally, really impressive setup. :bow: Should also keep a reef tank don't you think? It is rare that any "reefer" is only keeping a propagation tank.

BTW, can pm me the contact of your tank maker and the location of the plumbing shop? Thanks and will be following your thread! :thanks:

First of all... the laminates.. if you really look close up.. its really DIY quality.. cannot compare to contractor standard..

Qn: how did you laminate the sides of all the plywood?

I measure the strip required, cut it out.. then put some "GP" (yellow) both on the laminate and plywood, DO NOT stick immediately.. wait for glue to dry a little as they are contact glue.. the and apply force to stick.. btw applying glue to large surface is easier if you use a small strip of laminate as an applicator....

Confused???? Concerned???? Clarification????

heheheh :> hope this vide helps... http://www.refacedepot.com/esupport/kb290.htm

Qn: They are only 3/4 inch thick ply right?

Yup. I use a normal art n craft penknife.. make sure get thin laminates...

Qn: Do you have the cutting tools?

No power tools used for laminating process.. just some pure brute cutting with penknife.. (although a wood work plane should be helpful)

will pm you the info required.

• SRC Member

where should u put this Safety RCD Adaptor for added protection against electrical mishaps?

and where did u got it bro.... and how much?

Pm the price...thanks

Hi bro,

i used a extension sockets for my electrical setup. the extension is plugged in to one of my wall outlets.. This is where the RCD comes in Wall Socket -> RCD -> Extension..

Hope this helps.

• SRC Member

I think today's gonna be a back breaking day with the following tasks:

1. mix water

2. connect pipings

3. fix lightings

• SRC Member

Just emptied the water for leak test.. and filling up with fresh H20....

Gotten Marine environment Salt to use in my tank... time to blend it all in...

post-34-1192761972.jpg

• SRC Member

Plumbed in the pipings... the before and after...

Note to those DIY... remember to be kiasu and put in the "C" catch to support weight and reduce vibrations...

Hmmm.. I must say Herbie's overflow is solid... no noise for overflow..

Heng... no leaks after i switch on the pressure pump... phew.... :eyebrow:

post-34-1192766223.jpg

• SRC Member

hmm.. my return's cable is not long enough to tuck into the electrical trucking.. so trunkings for show now... ahhahah :> :whistle

• SRC Member

popped in my LR from Bro Wai Kit FOC.... thanks bro....

post-34-1192766580.jpg

• SRC Member

FTS.. now gotta get stuff to do up my Lights...

post-34-1192766812.jpg

• SRC Member

Qn: Is it safe to place the T5 on the Euro brace?

post-34-1192768834.jpg

• SRC Member

My "Rocher" underwater scope... to view the coral top down... :>

post-34-1192772948.jpg

• SRC Member

"Rocher" Underwater scope TRANSFORM!!!!..

Its a sump cover now... :evil::evil::evil:

post-34-1192773035.jpg

• SRC Member

Yup.. will definitely get a pair of those..

Thanks Burnerj

gotten a set of yoyo from Dr Evil... these will help to raise or lower the T5s for maintenance.. Thanks Bro Burnerj

post-34-1192929021.jpg

• SRC Member

Also had the chance to visit Bro VanDeam.. WOW>> :ooh::ooh::ooh:

passed me some lubricant.. :whistle:whistle:whistle

• SRC Member

lubricant for me Skimmer.. :lol::lol::lol:

post-34-1192929237.jpg

• SRC Member

btw.. the lubricant works like a charm.. it got my "coughing" aquabee pump revving like a beast... the aquabee (H&s skimmer) has been in my store room for about a year (since i decom).. when i "operate" on the pump, i had to deal with the rust between the impeller and the housing.... should've disect the pump for cleaning and drying before putting it into the store room.. well.. lesson learnt...

• SRC Member
Dude, nice tank.

I like the concept of view from the top !!

:D

Thanks Bro..

Coral DO look better from top down..

Also. nieces and nephews can "interact" with the system easier.. aka sea world concept where kids can touch the living things.. :D:D:D

• SRC Member

FTS.. 21 Oct 2007

Luckily everything within plan (aka CO not in town).. system completed before CO got back... :>

GOOD NEWS!!!

I got the thumbs up from CO after she touched down in Singapore.. phew :whistle ... mission completed.. :D

post-34-1192932538.jpg

• SRC Member

The Acticnic lamps will be left 24/7 for 3 weeks.. -> to encourage coralline algae growth..

• SRC Member

Dun mention it. Nice seeing you getting your tank done up

1154750779_a95e183733_o.gif

--Tank--

3.8ft x 2.5ft x 2.5ft - 12mm(Main) Ñ„ 3ft x 2ft x 2ft - 8mm (Sump)

--Equipments--

Chiller - 3/4hp Pacific Coo Ñ„ FR - Resun FR Ñ„ Skimmer - ATI Bubble Master 250 - Reef Maniac 30" Beckeet Ñ„ Filter - Schuran Trickle filter Ñ„ Controllers - Aquatronica Advance Controller System

--Pumps--

Return Pump - Rio 24 HF Ñ„ Beckeet Pump - Resun MD55 Ñ„ Equipment Pump - Aquabee 3000 Ñ„ Wavemaker - Tunze 6060, 2 x Seio 1500

• SRC Member

glad it helped :)

if u need any more things u know where to find me :P

6x2x2.5 FOWLR

Skimmer - Recirculating Custom Beckett Fr - Skimz Fr Return - OR6500/1262 Wavemaker - Tunze 6060 x 2 Light - 2x5ft FL Blue+White

Chiller - CL650

4x4x2 SPS

Skimmer - DeltecAP851 Fr - Skimz FR Return - OR6500 Wavemaker - 2xTunze wavebox +Ts24 Light - 3x250w MH + 8 ATi t5

CR - Deltec pF601s Chiller - Arctica Titanium Commercial Chiller

3.5x2x2 REEF

Skimmer - HnS150-2001 Fr - Skimz Fr Wavemaker - Tunze Ts 24 Return - 1262 Lights - Solite 2x150W MH + 4 Ati T5 CR - Skimz CR NR - Nr1000 Chiller - Arctica Titanium 1/5