Clownfish spawned!

• SRC Member

Hi everyone,

I just discovered today that my paired true perculas had spawned some eggs. I think they had spawned the eggs some time ago because these eggs look silver(with some black dots - the eyes i assume). I read it from the internet that silver eggs means they are going to hatch really soon.

Does anyone has breeding clownfishes experience? What am i supposed to do now? transfer the eggs to another tank? with their parents? what am i suppose to feed them when the eggs hatches?

urgent!

• SRC Member
Hi everyone,

I just discovered today that my paired true perculas had spawned some eggs. I think they had spawned the eggs some time ago because these eggs look silver(with some black dots - the eyes i assume). I read it from the internet that silver eggs means they are going to hatch really soon.

Does anyone has breeding clownfishes experience? What am i supposed to do now? transfer the eggs to another tank? with their parents? what am i suppose to feed them when the eggs hatches?

urgent!

you must transfer them to another tank. Must start rotifier and baby bine shrimp factory. If too much work, buy from LFS. The details can be found in internet.

ya, i have been looking thru this forum. Seems like no LFS/LFF sells live rotifers...

any idea?

A couple of reefers still culture rotifers, I believed they will be Pming you soon with their generous offers.

;)

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• SRC Member

i read it somewhere that clownfish larvae only eat live rotifers.

anyway, my first batch of eggs did not managed to survive. I didn't know when the eggs were going to hatch(although they were silver for the past few days), so I left them in the main tank. The next morning, all were gone. Probably all hatched and were eaten up as food.

To my surprise, my clownfishes spawned again today!!!! Twice within 2 weeks! i really need live rotifers!

• SRC Member
i read it somewhere that clownfish larvae only eat live rotifers.

anyway, my first batch of eggs did not managed to survive. I didn't know when the eggs were going to hatch(although they were silver for the past few days), so I left them in the main tank. The next morning, all were gone. Probably all hatched and were eaten up as food.

To my surprise, my clownfishes spawned again today!!!! Twice within 2 weeks! i really need live rotifers!

Glad that your clowns spawned frequently. That means they are really acclimated in your tank. They will provide you good experiences.