can someone id this hermit crab?

mopiko

• SRC Member

one of my favorite !@

Pagurus bernhardus

or some call

anemones hermit

6x2x2.5 FOWLR

Skimmer - Recirculating Custom Beckett Fr - Skimz Fr Return - OR6500/1262 Wavemaker - Tunze 6060 x 2 Light - 2x5ft FL Blue+White

Chiller - CL650

4x4x2 SPS

Skimmer - DeltecAP851 Fr - Skimz FR Return - OR6500 Wavemaker - 2xTunze wavebox +Ts24 Light - 3x250w MH + 8 ATi t5

CR - Deltec pF601s Chiller - Arctica Titanium Commercial Chiller

3.5x2x2 REEF

Skimmer - HnS150-2001 Fr - Skimz Fr Wavemaker - Tunze Ts 24 Return - 1262 Lights - Solite 2x150W MH + 4 Ati T5 CR - Skimz CR NR - Nr1000 Chiller - Arctica Titanium 1/5

• SRC Member

can we mixed Blue Leg Hermit Crab with the anemone hermi crab that u having now? is it possibel to keep more than 1 hermit crab in a tank?

read that the anemone crab is not friendly

"This Hermit Crab prefers an aquarium with large amounts of stable rock work and dim light. The Hermit Crab is aggressive and makes a poor candidate for a reef or peaceful fish aquarium. It will eat fish, snails, and worms, but also detritus and some algae. As it grows, it will need larger shells, therefore multiple sizes of gastropod shells should be available to it."

hoever when i purchase it was told its friendly to fishes and reef safe.

• SRC Member

provide enuff shells . for them to switch so they wont fight for shells

if u need can sms me or call me at 93840450 kenny hand u 20 different hermit shells :)

6x2x2.5 FOWLR

Skimmer - Recirculating Custom Beckett Fr - Skimz Fr Return - OR6500/1262 Wavemaker - Tunze 6060 x 2 Light - 2x5ft FL Blue+White

Chiller - CL650

4x4x2 SPS

Skimmer - DeltecAP851 Fr - Skimz FR Return - OR6500 Wavemaker - 2xTunze wavebox +Ts24 Light - 3x250w MH + 8 ATi t5

CR - Deltec pF601s Chiller - Arctica Titanium Commercial Chiller

3.5x2x2 REEF

Skimmer - HnS150-2001 Fr - Skimz Fr Wavemaker - Tunze Ts 24 Return - 1262 Lights - Solite 2x150W MH + 4 Ati T5 CR - Skimz CR NR - Nr1000 Chiller - Arctica Titanium 1/5

• SRC Member
can we mixed Blue Leg Hermit Crab with the anemone hermi crab that u having now? is it possibel to keep more than 1 hermit crab in a tank?

read that the anemone crab is not friendly

"This Hermit Crab prefers an aquarium with large amounts of stable rock work and dim light. The Hermit Crab is aggressive and makes a poor candidate for a reef or peaceful fish aquarium. It will eat fish, snails, and worms, but also detritus and some algae. As it grows, it will need larger shells, therefore multiple sizes of gastropod shells should be available to it."

hoever when i purchase it was told its friendly to fishes and reef safe.

some sites said not reef safe. So do you want to gamble? I wont, I place them in my seahorse tank. They wont eat detritus and worms but they will find leftover food at the detritus,... But they cleaned better than snails.

As for the black pepper, I dont think you will waste time to cook a small dish, LOL

• SRC Member

hello

me just keeping live rocks and fish no corals at all. B) so is it still safe to have them around?

will be getting scarlet and blue leggies hermit from fellow reefer here. will it be safe to keep them together? with sufficent shells of course :)

• SRC Member
hello

me just keeping live rocks and fish no corals at all.  B)  so is it still safe to have them around?

will be getting scarlet and blue leggies hermit from fellow reefer here. will it be safe to keep them together? with sufficent shells of course :)

no corals mean safe. Another thing is some likes to eat meat, so snails will be dead. be careful unless you decided not to have snails. Hermits are better cleaner than snails but they cannot climb up side the glass so you have to clean up yourself.

• SRC Member
ya. he slready cleaned up 2 of my snail liao. is scarlet and blue legs safer den this hermit?

i got feather duster, think this crappy fellow trying to attack it. how about with star fish?

they are safe with starfish.

red scarlet tends to be a bit safer but some sites said they will eat leftover meats so that means they will eat snails too. Blue leg will eat snails.

• SRC Member
so all hermit not safe!  B)  eat snails... snails are helpful to us...

yeah but snails dont clean that well as compared to hermits. Even hermits will clean their own shell while snails cant. Anjother good thing is you an paint the shell with your inno design before giving the Hermit. Hemits not 100% will take any shell, I think they prefer certain shells and only will change shells if its too small. The bigger the shell, the heavier load so who will want to carry that unnecessarily?