Chilling temp diff from norm input temp

burnerj

• SRC Member

Hi guys,

I'm facing a problem that i think might be due to the age of my chiller.

PacCoo 3/4hp Chiller running on 3.8ft x 2.5ft x 2.5ft tank

Last service was around 6-9mths ago

Description:

When chiller not kicked yet it shows as 28 (Chiller theremostat) but when kicked in (less than 1min) it shows 27.2 (rough estimation). Then it cools to the set temp @ 25 deg. But once it hits 25 deg and stop (Ard 1min) it shows the temp to be 26.2-6 (rough estimation) deg.

So in order to cool to 26deg i have to set me chiller temp to cool till 25 deg. I need advise on the chiller, whether it needs some servicing on the refrigerent or change a theremostat.

Any helpful advice would be appreciated

Regards,

Jason

1154750779_a95e183733_o.gif

--Tank--

3.8ft x 2.5ft x 2.5ft - 12mm(Main) Ñ„ 3ft x 2ft x 2ft - 8mm (Sump)

--Equipments--

Chiller - 3/4hp Pacific Coo Ñ„ FR - Resun FR Ñ„ Skimmer - ATI Bubble Master 250 - Reef Maniac 30" Beckeet Ñ„ Filter - Schuran Trickle filter Ñ„ Controllers - Aquatronica Advance Controller System

--Pumps--

Return Pump - Rio 24 HF Ñ„ Beckeet Pump - Resun MD55 Ñ„ Equipment Pump - Aquabee 3000 Ñ„ Wavemaker - Tunze 6060, 2 x Seio 1500

• SRC Member
Hi guys,

I'm facing a problem that i think might be due to the age of my chiller.

PacCoo 3/4hp Chiller running on 3.8ft x 2.5ft x 2.5ft tank

Last service was around 6-9mths ago

Description:

When chiller not kicked yet it shows as 28 (Chiller theremostat) but when kicked in (less than 1min) it shows 27.2 (rough estimation). Then it cools to the set temp @ 25 deg. But once it hits 25 deg and stop (Ard 1min) it shows the temp to be 26.2-6 (rough estimation) deg.

So in order to cool to 26deg i have to set me chiller temp to cool till 25 deg. I need advise on the chiller, whether it needs some servicing on the refrigerent or change a theremostat.

Any helpful advice would be appreciated

Regards,

Jason

These are what I will check....

Place a thermometer in tank to get the actual tank water temperature. Take note of the temp. when chiller kick in or out. To enusre that chiller is working properly.

Also, doing the following may help...

- Give the chiller a good vaccum to remove dust that accumulate at the air intake area.

- Check whether fan inside chiller working....

- Check the chiller feeding pump working properly...

When the above does not help, the last one will be do give it a flush with a slight acidic water (disconnect from tank) for few weeks and then flush with plain water for a day or two.... Maybe change the hose also and then reconnect to see any improvement.

From what I understand, the top up of refrigerent should not be neccessary unless there is a leak.... which I think changing a new one a better option.

:) Greeting :)

Tank: 4' by 2' by 2' (CR antique)

Sump: 3' include 1' refuigm

• SRC Member

Thanks for the advise but currently it takes very long to cool 1deg. FOr that i timed it takes 45-1hr to cool 1 deg... to me it is really long ....

1154750779_a95e183733_o.gif

--Tank--

3.8ft x 2.5ft x 2.5ft - 12mm(Main) Ñ„ 3ft x 2ft x 2ft - 8mm (Sump)

--Equipments--

Chiller - 3/4hp Pacific Coo Ñ„ FR - Resun FR Ñ„ Skimmer - ATI Bubble Master 250 - Reef Maniac 30" Beckeet Ñ„ Filter - Schuran Trickle filter Ñ„ Controllers - Aquatronica Advance Controller System

--Pumps--

Return Pump - Rio 24 HF Ñ„ Beckeet Pump - Resun MD55 Ñ„ Equipment Pump - Aquabee 3000 Ñ„ Wavemaker - Tunze 6060, 2 x Seio 1500