My Seahorse Paradise

peong

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

So sad ytd aftn to see my 4ft tank almost going to crack due to the water pressure too strong from inside, the back glass bended outward by 8mm, from the below photo u can c the centre bracing glass dropped off from the back glass, it was so terrifying, luck my glass thickness is 12mm, just imagine if is 8 or 10mm, what will happen? So, if ur tank is about 2.5 or even 3ft height, pls remember to use 12 to 15mm thickness of glass, and must be euro bracing all rounded with centre glass, ur centre glass must be wide enough to catch the back n front glass, also, remember to request for MORE BLACK SILICON (Good quality type) when u want to build ur new tank. :whistle

post-3149-1207385691.jpg

• SRC Member

I had already drawn out half of the water from the tank, can u guess what was happen when I did that? I can hear the "crik crik" sound came from the back glass man!!! Really terrifying!!! :cry:

So, brothers n sisters, pls think tiwce if u want to buy or build a tank for ur hobby, always family safety come first! :idea:

See, this is my tank now, how can i do with it?

:cry2::cry2::cry2:

post-3149-1207386323.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I'm a reporter with The Straits Times, and am looking for some seahorse enthusiasts to interview. Please let me know if you would be interested! Just a short email interview or phone call would be enough. Please reply to huister09@gmail.com. Thanks!!

Rgds

• SRC Member

Is not Boywood, but the root type, what u call that? :unsure:

Anyway, is already coated wif a thick layer of epoxy paint, even inside of the tank also. :upsidedown:

Well, it as been proven okay in my small scale of experimentation. :eyebrow:

U can try also!!! :upsidedown:

• SRC Member
I used tonga b4 but discoverd tat the horses' color faded easily, this setup will help to maintain it original color, espeacial deep red. :rolleyes:

I can imagine. My tank background black and using tonga. I got 2 kudas recently, and you can imagine what's happening to their colour.

• SRC Member
Well, u can, just like living in a maze , but u still need some space for them to swim freely.

The SH should be able to swim around freely.. i thought by adding the mangroves the SH will be able to cling onto it.

• SRC Member
The SH should be able to swim around freely.. i thought by adding the mangroves the SH will be able to cling onto it.

Good idea, but not for colorful horses. I bought a tigertail wif slight yellow on its body, now turned to more yellow in my setup. Seahorse color will tends to fade due to various reasons, even in my setup, but wat i can prove is tat their original color will surely last longer.

• SRC Member
Good idea, but not for colorful horses. I bought a tigertail wif slight yellow on its body, now turned to more yellow in my setup. Seahorse color will tends to fade due to various reasons, even in my setup, but wat i can prove is tat their original color will surely last longer.

ic.. may i know where u get ur tiger tail and the price? is it already feeding on frozen when u bought it?

• SRC Member

some 20 some 15 some 8, depends who sell them. When i buy i won't ask for feeding test, jus look 4 active 1 will do. Ofcos, now all feeding on frozen mysis.

• SRC Member
some 20 some 15 some 8, depends who sell them. When i buy i won't ask for feeding test, jus look 4 active 1 will do. Ofcos, now all feeding on frozen mysis.

then which lfs got sell SH? nowadays din really see any lfs selling.. only saw CF selling.