reef octo nw110 or macro as-100p?

^GeNoME^

my tank is 3x2x2.5 but i cant remember if im using as 100 or 150p..... but i think that the noise level is ok actually, cos more impt is how u place the needlewheel pump. there will be vibration, its that rattling on e glass that causes the sound..... i put mine on an eggcrate. but the bubble production wise is ok...the foam gao gao..hahahah can post pics of it if u want. used mine for 2 years already, and its easy to adjust with a big red knob.ummmmm maintenance wise is mainly the needlewheel pump gotta clean and rinse to maintain the quality of foam. oh and also the return hose may have a bit of bubbles escaping too, which may get into main tank.

BUT otherwise, i love my skimmer. (mayb cos i havnt tried reef octo)

whats the prices like now btw?

:peace:

(1) is e collection cup and where the skimmate shld be. as there is a hole and small tube under the collection cup (2), the skimmate can actually flow off into a bottle(4) or other container u use, hence u dont need to clean the cup so often.

hehehe (3) is not supposed to be so dirty. that is the coulour of the skimmate but since i kinda forgot to adjust my skimmer after my last water change where i changed the level of water in my sump, the skimmate just collected there. but no worries cos its easy to clean and it should end up in the cup once adjusted properly. yeah.

(1) is e collection cup and where the skimmate shld be. as there is a hole and small tube under the collection cup (2), the skimmate can actually flow off into a bottle(4) or other container u use, hence u dont need to clean the cup so often.

hehehe (3) is not supposed to be so dirty. that is the coulour of the skimmate but since i kinda forgot to adjust my skimmer after my last water change where i changed the level of water in my sump, the skimmate just collected there. but no worries cos its easy to clean and it should end up in the cup once adjusted properly. yeah.

wow.. thanks for the pic.. certainly help alot! can comfirm with me the model of ur skimmer?

thanks