American Marine pH controller

hammy

Hi i just bought a american pH controller. just wanna ask those who are using this controller whether this unit give a humming sound constantly( or should it be silent) upon connecting to the power supply.

many thanks.

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

• SRC Member

nope.. shouldnt hv that sound... u sure the sound coming from there?

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

yup the sound was emitted when i am doing my caliberation far from other sound sources. but surprisingly it stopped this mornign when i woke up. no more such sound. thank kelstorm.

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

• SRC Member

No prob... glad to see it working fine. Anyway, how and where u place the Wireless thermometer? i hv a unit but hving problems thinking how to mount it to the cabinet.

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member
No prob... glad to see it working fine. Anyway, how and where u place the Wireless thermometer? i hv a unit but hving problems thinking how to mount it to the cabinet.

Just place it anywhere. I place teh wireless temp probe in the overflow box and the box just on top of my cabinet. You dun need to see it anyway and it doesn't have to be too close to the unit also.

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

http://arcanehacker.blogspot.com/

Hi bro, for me i velcro it to the back of my tank near to my pH monitor.

as for the sensor, i place it among my messy equipment. not not far away from the monitor.

post-2385-1204428485.jpg

post-2385-1204428491.jpg

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

• SRC Member
Hi bro, for me i velcro it to the back of my tank near to my pH monitor.

as for the sensor, i place it among my messy equipment. not not far away from the monitor.

u using the 3M velcro?

u using the 3M velcro?

heh heh.. bo lui, i am using those normal velcro from hardware shop. actualy quite effective. never drop before and only take it down when i need to change batt. probably like 5 time a year

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

• SRC Member
heh heh.. bo lui, i am using those normal velcro from hardware shop. actualy quite effective. never drop before and only take it down when i need to change batt. probably like 5 time a year

oic... nearly wanted to get the 3M velcro. kekeke...

notice that ur water temp is 25.6? so cold ah? like ur catalina cylinder... wat size is that?

oic... nearly wanted to get the 3M velcro. kekeke...

notice that ur water temp is 25.6? so cold ah? like ur catalina cylinder... wat size is that?

yup i set it at 26.0.. so the range is from 25.6 to 26.4 =) i have less prob when the temp is lower. algae lah etc ...

yup i love my catalina cylinder ... 3.5l. a real good buy!

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

• SRC Member

Its not about dropping but the taking out and leaving a mark issue. I use 3m for everything I stick because there is one series that never leaves a mark or residue when removed. Dun have to headache on how to remove the marks.

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

http://arcanehacker.blogspot.com/

Its not about dropping but the taking out and leaving a mark issue. I use 3m for everything I stick because there is one series that never leaves a mark or residue when removed. Dun have to headache on how to remove the marks.

to me leaving a mark is not an issue. this can be solve easily. to me dropping is an issue as the equipment might break =)

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Skimz  ; NP biopellets