seller fish that is not the same as his photo posted

redspring

Hi

Any one here encounter the similar case as I have.

I saw this reefer that post a picture of the fish that he is selling is nice in color and healthy. But when I go down to see the fish is in bad condition, with some broken fin open color is not bright at all.

What will you do? :pirate: Seller keep saying that he reject other buyer because i call him first. the color change because of catching and the fish fright yesterday night that cause the fin to be broken!

Please advice :thanks:

• SRC Member
Hi

Any one here encounter the similar case as I have.

I saw this reefer that post a picture of the fish that he is selling is nice in color and healthy. But when I go down to see the fish is in bad condition, with some broken fin open color is not bright at all.

What will you do? :pirate: Seller keep saying that he reject other buyer because i call him first. the color change because of catching and the fish fright yesterday night that cause the fin to be broken!

Please advice :thanks:

I'd say up to your disgression.. If I see that a LS is not doing well, i'll just pass. Buyer will not reject others.. he'll probably inform the others interested to update them if the buyer backs out. Well thats what I always do.

Is this guy rejecting or many have rejected his LS??

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

http://arcanehacker.blogspot.com/

• SRC Member

dun buy if you don't feel comfortable lor....if the condition is bad because of the catching, all the more you should not buy...as you will not be sure how he trap that guy....also for broken fin, its usually NOT an indication of stress induced by catching, but pretty often points to aggression or worst, disease...while torn fin are quite common when the fish first gets imported and tends to recover if it survice long enough in your tank, a torn fin for an 'establish' fish in hobbylist tank might not be a good sign.

Ultimately the decision is yours...if he says he reject other buyer - then in the first place did you reserve and commit to buying no matter the condition???? Just let him know that you would keep your opinion of his fish condition to yourself and not ruin his sale....:D

dun buy if you don't feel comfortable lor....if the condition is bad because of the catching, all the more you should not buy...as you will not be sure how he trap that guy....also for broken fin, its usually NOT an indication of stress induced by catching, but pretty often points to aggression or worst, disease...while torn fin are quite common when the fish first gets imported and tends to recover if it survice long enough in your tank, a torn fin for an 'establish' fish in hobbylist tank might not be a good sign.

Ultimately the decision is yours...if he says he reject other buyer - then in the first place did you reserve and commit to buying no matter the condition???? Just let him know that you would keep your opinion of his fish condition to yourself and not ruin his sale....:D

Yes tkanks for your advice, I think I have been to soft on this. :paiseh::paiseh: