2inch yellow tang

drewy

• SRC Member

hello, just as above,

i bought my 2inch YT a week ago.

it is quite active and it doesnt show any signs of stress or 'illness'.

it is always pecing at my live rocks(feeding on algae i guess) and it nibbles on my red bamboo.i also feed it leafy lettuce. it some times eat the mysis shrimp and cyclopeeze when i feed the other fishes....

but the fella is getting skinnier than when i bought it.

im getting worried now :(

im running a 2feet tank for almost 9mths.....no problems with any disease so far, but got hairy algae.i cant list my tank's parameters as i dun have any test kits with me at the moment, and got no digitalcam oso....paiseh.

does anyone here have any similar experience?? or know whats wrong???

sorry for the lengthy content, would appreciate ur help :thanks:

drew

BTW,gonna buy seaweed tomorrow, hope it helps.

• Sponsor

I have 2 YT and encounter the same problem with one of them. Izzit because it was caught using chemicals....so I heard, dunno true or not? Anyway, mine already 11/2 yrs old, still healthy, just skinny, feed anythng also same size...gave up long time ago to fatten him up. :D

• SRC Member

hi bros,

exact same prom here. mine is 8 mths old. can't tahan when look at those LFS display tank, fat like balloon. have ask Ha****i once how they do it. they said they feed their fish (in the display tank) 3 times a day. but then agagin, they change water like 3-4 days once. so i also give up. ha ha ha.........

• SRC Member

does the problem of tangs not growing "fatter" or "bigger" got to do with the dimensions of the tank? previously it was mentioned that these tangs are kept in a 2 ft tank. supposed that these 2ft tanks are filled with moderate amount of LR and other corals, it would be quite packed and the tangs would not have sufficient space to swim around.

...what are u missing from your life?... dun wait till your last breathe before telling them that you care

• SRC Member

yah,size of tank will affect the growth, but will it really determine how fat it will get???i think its debatable hor.

actually my tang eats quite alot,but y doesnt it like red bamboo ah???

almost 'everyone' say that tangs like red bamboo,but mine just nibble then go do something else, but i have to top up my leafy veg everyday......coz my clownfish and domino damsel also want to eat <_<<_<

so what type of food has high nutritional value to tangs???does supermarket seaweed have enuff nutrition alone??if not, can some bros recommend any supplements???

thanks!! :)