2ft set up

Today got a 2 ft HOT5 jebo osram 4tube white light for $45.Izzt oki having only white tube for keeping only LPS? If not oki, i will change 2 blue tube.

There is no issue to this but just that some corals looks better in blue light, and personally i turn on the blue light an hour before the white ones and also off it an hour after the white ones. which means that for every 6 hours of white lights, there is 8 hours of blue.

• SRC Member
Today got a 2 ft HOT5 jebo osram 4tube white light for $45.Izzt oki having only white tube for keeping only LPS? If not oki, i will change 2 blue tube.

bro, u mentioned that you bought a 2 ft T5 high output... can i know the wattage of per light tube? Post up some picture. Do bear in mind that for T5, there are low output and high output.

:rolleyes:

• SRC Member
This afternoon got 3 x 3inch dc fan.Is it overkill or still oki?Will the evporation be very fast for 3 fan on a 2ft by 1.5ft tank?

Trust me.. with hot weather and fan blowing...evaporation is scary. Be prepared to top up water. Use distilled water or RO/DI water for top up. If uses tap water, be prepared for invasion of algae. It will contribute silicates and other chemical elements which algae needed.

I experinces that from 28-30 degree, corals still ok (depends on which type, not all) but the colouration will lose out. And be prepared for bleaching of corals if temp exceed too high. sometime, the corals might not survived!

Hope these helps! :D

Trust me.. with hot weather and fan blowing...evaporation is scary. Be prepared to top up water. Use distilled water or RO/DI water for top up. If uses tap water, be prepared for invasion of algae. It will contribute silicates and other chemical elements which algae needed.

I experinces that from 28-30 degree, corals still ok (depends on which type, not all) but the colouration will lose out. And be prepared for bleaching of corals if temp exceed too high. sometime, the corals might not survived!

Hope these helps! :D

thk for the advise.

Probably change to a 3ft ios tank.If the water was cool by fan and evaporate,than the pump will at emerge,if not top up water on time,will the pump burn?

Once I got the ios tank,next thing is to get the live rock,how much salt to add to start cycling the tank?Wat brand is recommanded?Do I add the salt 1st or together with the rock?

How long can the live rock be out of the water to stay alive?

Wat skimmer is recommanded to keep LPS?

Is a 2ft 4x HO24watt T5 light enough for LPS in a 3ft ios tank?